Nine

***

Zayn's an idiot

He must be the biggest daft in the whole  nation--uni diploma be damned, but he's truly a nonsensical twat.

How can Zayn kiss someone who has a soulmate? What was he thinking?

Ever since that night, Zayn's been worried about Harry and the utter betrayal Harry must be feeling right now. After that mistake, Zayn just wants to disappear and return five years later under a different name and probably with an amnesia.

Granted that it has only  been a day since Zayn practically threw himself on Harry, but he honestly can't help feeling like crap. What if Harry never talks to him again? What if Harry never looks at him the same way again? What if Harry feels so disgusted with the kiss that he can't even think of Zayn without punching a wall?

He hasn't seen Harry the whole day which means he didn't come to work today. What if Zayn's mistake had made Harry feel so uncomfortable to the extent that he might  quit working at the theater? Zayn bites his lips and starts fiddling with his hair. He was shocked and terrified with how he behaves at the thought of Harry leaving. He feels emotional and incredulous with the way his heart beats fast at the idea of Harry ignoring him. How can a simple bloke that he only met a few weeks ago have this much impact on him? Why does he care so damn much that a person might never talk to him again?

Why?

But Zayn knows. He just doesn't want to admit it. But now that Zayn has met Harry there's a deep insatiable yearning in his heart and fucking mind, the desire to know him in every way and be known deeply in return. They were on the right track, what with the way Zayn shows him his scarred tattoo and lets his most personal secret stumble out of his mouth and into Harry's ears. It felt both strange and right to share that story to someone he only met. For the first time in his life, Zayn feels okay being vulnerable to a stranger and he's not ready to let go yet.

"Okay, Zayn, you got my attention." Mira abruptly says, walking towards the concession stand where Zayn is staring at the open. "You look like you just witnessed a murder spree with your messy hair and bitten nails and bleeding lips. Jesus Christ Zayn, what happened?"

"What?" Zayn asks, turning to her with a blank look "Oh, you're here. Is something the matter?"

There was a long pause before Mira shakes her head "Wow," She expresses in amazement "You're clearly out of it. Are you high?"

"'Course not." He says. "Why?"

"Because you're worrying me! You keep dozing off. You're acting like you're forced to watch Fifty Shades with your parents."

Zayn rolls his eyes "I just didn't get enough sleep last night. By the way, where's Harry?"

"Harry's shift doesn't start till 4 remember? He volunteered the night shift for tonight so he's not here yet." She says expectantly as if Zayn should know this.

"Oh, right, right. I know that."

"Ah, yeah, sure you do, love."

"I'm serious." He sighs "I just need some sleep."

"More like you just need to see Harry ." She murmurs under her breath, but Zayn hears loud and clear.

"What? what did you just say?"

"I mean it's pretty obvious you like him." She shrugs.

Zayn stares at her in horror "Are you serious? It's not April 1 yet Mira, stop joking around. Am I that obvious?"