Twelve

***

Zayn can tell that Harry was still bothered by what he had witnessed yesterday afternoon at the theater with Mira. He didn't asked Zayn what it was about, on why Mira was caressing Zayn's neck and why their faces were less than a foot away from each other. And Zayn didn't bothered to clear things up, because he honestly doesn't know what to tell Harry.

But he can feel Harry's aloofness and standoffish behavior as he 'teaches' Zayn how to cook his Bourbon Pecan Chicken  just like he said he will a few days ago, but Harry hasn't said a word other than to ask where the cutlery is, and he isn't even instructing Zayn or explaining things to him properly.

"Are you even doing it right?" Zayn ask with a hint of playfulness in his tone, because he just wants to break the silence and the obvious  tension between them since today should be a good day for them, and Zayn hasn't kissed Harry ever since the little girl at the theater caught them, and it's making him crazy.

"Of course I'm doing it right." He growls as he cuts the chicken harder.

Zayn swallows "Well, I don't know much about cooking, but I don't think you should be stabbing the chicken."

Harry gave him a sharp look "Funny how you seem to know a lot about stabbing, perhaps you've stabbed someone in the back before."

"I-what?"

Harry rolls his eyes "Metaphorically, Zayn."

He blinks "Yeah, I know that. " He then clears his throat as Harry starts coating the chicken with flour.

"Here, continue what I'm doing." He instructs, leaning back as he watches Zayn coats his fingers with flour.

"Should I caress it?" He asks, and immediately regrets using that word with the way Harry's eyes narrows.

"Sure, being at the theater yesterday must have taught you a thing or two about caressing."

"Harry-"

"I'm just sorry that the chicken part we're cooking doesn't have a neck for you to caress."

"Haz-"

"Or should chickens start adjusting their body parts for you just so you can caress it properly."

"What-"

"Should I find you a chicken neck to caress?"

"H-"

"Why is my neck not enough for you to caress?" He hiss "I have a neck too!"

"Fine, I'll just rubbed it."

"As you should."

Zayn shakes his head, biting his bottom lip to stop himself from laughing "It would be miraculous if I actually learn how to cook after this."

"Mira-culous?" Harry bristles at the word.

Zayn gives him a look "What? it's true. 'M not really the greatest bloke out there to cook."

"Oh, but you're the greatest at caressing things?"

"I didn't caress her!"

"So you know what I was talking about this entire time, huh?" Harry demanded.

"How can I not?" Zayn laughs "I think I'm about to throw up for hearing the word caress too many times."

Harry doesn't look impress at Zayn's effort to steer the tension. He sat down on one of the kitchen stools and looks at him pointedly as he crosses his arms. His face set into a harsh look.