Fourteen

***

Zayn was late again and to be honest it irks him that Paul won't let his tardiness slide, especially since Zayn hasn't been tardy for over thirty days now, and that itself is an accomplishment for Zayn Malik.

Honestly, Paul should give him more credit since his last tardy attendance was a month ago, now that Harry picks Zayn up everyday for work and literally drags him out of bed, he hasn't been late ever since they started whatever thing that's between him and Harry.

Today was the first time Harry didn't picked him up from his flat, but that's only because Harry lent his car today to a single mother next door who has to drive her newly crippled daughter to school at the very last minute. And it was all right, Harry warned Zayn that he couldn't picked him up today. And Zayn couldn't blame Harry since the he was only being a sweet and thoughtful neighbor.

As usual, Paul made him clean the theater rooms for being late, but he doesn't have it in him to be irritated at the turn of events when Harry decided to stay with him late at night, helping Zayn pick up the neglected trashes and wipe the spilled sodas.

Zayn has a sneaking suspicion that Harry would rather be at home right now. So when Zayn told Harry he could go home and not to worry about him, he didn't expect for Harry to laugh at him and wave off his worry as he started following Zayn in each theater room to pick up the candy wrappers and kernel buckets.

"You can always leave whenever you want, all right?" Zayn can't help but say for the tenth time. Harry gave him a look to belt up and then proceed to pick up the trashes.

"Why were you so late anyway?"

Zayn shrugs "Louis almost burned the flat this morning. I had to stay and clean up his mess."

Harry's jaw drops open in shock and amazement "How did he managed to almost burned up the flat?"

"He put a fork inside our toaster. That dumb twat." Zayn rolls his eyes.

"What? Why?" Harry asks in an incredulous tone "Was he high? drunk?"

"Neither." Zayn answers with a pursed lip, just thinking of Louis increases his blood pressure. "He accidentally dropped a penny inside the toaster so he thought it was a good idea to stick a fork inside a fucking electrical appliance while it's plugged in to get the penny out before we explode."

"And then?"

"We did explode." At Harry's horror look, Zayn waves him off "Sort of. There was a smoke and the toaster kept making a noise that made us both think we're about to die. Then the fire detector went off and the fire extinguisher was used. And our landlord cursed at us and called us idiots and made us get drug tests."

"And then?"

"That's it." Zayn laughs at Harry's horrified expression "I slapped him on the back of his head for being a splendid moron so he punched me and then I got this bruised." Zayn showed Harry the purple mark on his hips.

"Great harmless friendship you've got, babe." Harry shakes his head, chuckling before swooping down to kiss his cheek.

Zayn grins at him. His eyes twinkling and his lips twitching. He was far too enamored to care that he was staring at Harry. He knows for certain he's besotted with him. It's so easy to be, and all Zayn wants is to show Harry how strongly he feels.

"What are you looking at?" Harry looks at him from under his lashes, tilting his head as he gives Zayn a soft smile

Zayn shakes his head, turning away from Harry for a moment before looking back at him again because he physically cannot stop staring at the beauty that is Harry Styles. "Nothing."