Eighteen

***

Zayn's happy, and he could tell that Harry is as well. After spending a night at Harry's place, it feels like Zayn has found himself a second home, because eventually he finds himself sleeping on Harry's bed, using their bathroom for a shower, brewing his tea in their kitchen and watching in their Netflix account. And it was remarkable how Liam immediately grew fond of him and starts including him to all of his and Harry's plans.

And Zayn's never had a routine with someone before. It should horrify him, how easily he and Harry slipped into it, wordlessly dividing the chores between them without bickering or bargaining, as though they've been living together for years. Harry stacks the dishwasher and Zayn unstacks it. Harry cooks their dinner and Zayn sets up the table. Zayn goes to a convenient store for food and Harry comes in an hour later with the drink.

Everything in Zayn's life is going fine and he has been inseparable from Harry ever since the night of their reconciliation. And Harry is supposed to be with Zayn right now except for the fact that its Zayn's day off. So, Zayn was at home, lounging in his room while Harry's at the theater finishing his shift.

He was in the middle of watching a movie when his phone suddenly lights up.

Harry: Are you home? :)

Zayn: Yeah, I'm watching Star Wars :)

Harry: Can I come? :) :)

Zayn: Only if u bring beer :) :) :)

Harry: Okie I'll drop by at the pub on my way there :) :) :) :)

Zayn: Stop with the smiley :(

Harry: Can't!! :) :) :) :) :)

Zayn: Why? :)

Harry: Cos I'll see you in a few min :) :) :) :) :) :)

Zayn can't help but smile at the text. He quickly gets up from his bed where he was watching the third franchise of the Star Wars movie and went to the kitchen to start preparing a meal for the two of them. He didn't have the time to make a complex dish, because when Harry said he's going to come, Zayn knows it means he'll be here in any minute. So, Zayn decided to make an easy cheese mac and heat it in the oven.

As he waits for the food to heat, he was distracted by another chime on his phone.

Harry: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :):) :):):)

Zayn smiles fondly, before heading to the living room and cleaning Louis' shit. A couple of minutes later, the mac and cheese is neatly prepared, plates and cups has been set, and the living room has been cleaned, Zayn walks to the door and opens it, checking if Harry's already at the end of the hallway, but the corridor was empty. Harry's probably running a little late. It's only been thirty-five minutes after all.

Zayn checks his phone again for any missed calls or texts from Harry, but there's none. He could still see the endless happy faces Harry sent, which made Zayn's lips twitch.

He sighs and settles on the couch that's facing the front door, so it doesn't look obvious every time he looks up when he hears a noise in the hallway. He doesn't want to seem too eager to see Harry, so he opens the television, and entertains himself with an animal documentary, keeping his phone close to him in case Harry calls.

***

It was the knocking on the door that wakes Zayn up from his nap on the couch. He didn't mean to fall asleep, but watching the gazelle eat some grass isn't helping him keep himself awake. He looks at his phone and see that it's all ready 12 in the morning. It has been 5 hours since Harry sent his last text message.