Seventeen

***

It was hard. So fucking hard to avoid Harry especially when they worked together, and when Zayn's so used to waking up to morning texts filled with too many emojis to be normal and to go to sleep with a similar text.

And try as Zayn might to avoid him, he misses Harry. He feels strangely homesick for a home that's not even his, and it sucks that he's yearning for someone who already has a mate.

It was late at night when he left his workplace and Zayn was exhausted and frustrated that it has to be raining of all days. He was at the front of his flat when he remembers that Louis borrowed his key yesterday night because he lost his'. Now, Zayn's stuck in front of his flat and he couldn't even get in because no one's buzzing him open even the old lady that lives below Zayn doesn't open the door for him.

He curses when he rings the bell multiple of times yet no resident has opened the door for him. He sighs as he reaches for his phone in his pocket to ring Louis. The strong rain made him cower to the door for at least a bit protection albeit a few minutes too late since his hair and clothes were already drenched.

His call to Louis immediately went to  voicemail.

Zayn cursed because the longer he stayed out in the open, the stronger the rain gets it seems. And Zayn has no doubt that he'll get a cold after this, with his wet clothes and drenched body, and the cold breeze that seems to be hitting him from every angle.

Fuck. He has nowhere to go, now that he remembers that Louis' staying over at Stan's tonight, and his neighbors doesn't seem like they're getting out of bed for him anytime soon.

"Zayn!" He whips around to find Harry standing next to his car with an umbrella in  hand. Zayn was too surprised to function. He can't feel anything other than the cold wind engulfing his whole body and how wet his shoes and socks were getting.

Before Zayn could tell Harry to sod off, he was already running the steps to shield Zayn under his umbrella as well. "Look, before you say anything, I'm going to go ahead before you run off your mouth." He starts.

And Zayn was too stupefy and shock to actually hear whatever this idiot is saying. "I know I messed up and I know I hurt you, but this isn't the time for you to fight me, because you clearly need help-"

"Are you following me?" Zayn demanded when he finally snapped out of his stupor.

"What? No!" Harry shakes his head and when Zayn raises his eyebrows, he rolls his eyes "It's true! I was planning on waiting for you at the cinema to maybe corner you to talk to me, but you were taking too long and I fell asleep in my car-"

Zayn looks at him warily "And you're here now because?"

"Well..." He trails off as he rubs his arms in an awkward manner "I noticed that you didn't eat lunch a while ago and you were stuck at work till the latest shift so I thought you would feel better if I bought you..umm food." He says "But it's in my car, I don't want it to get wet."

Zayn palms his head in frustration "Ugh, Harry, you're so...annoyingly sweet." Zayn could tell that Harry was surprised by Zayn's words because Zayn is as well. He didn't mean to call Harry sweet even though he truly is, like who the fuck wait for someone in their car for six hours? And who the fuck  drives to a food store at twelve in the morning to buy a bloke that's clearly mad at you some food just because they hadn't eaten lunch?

Even in the dreariest night Harry could still make Zayn glimpsed rainbow and sunlight

"Why aren't you going inside though?" Harry asks through the loud sound of a thunder.