Fifteen

***

"Stop doing that. Just call him first." Louis grumbles begrudgingly as Zayn continues his pacing in the living room.

Louis doesn't understand why Zayn can't call Harry first. Granted, that Louis' not the biggest fan of what's happening between the two idiots due to their predicament, but Zayn's distracting Louis from playing Fifa with Stan, and it's driving him mad.

Louis invited Stan over so he could be the proxy Zayn since the latter has been distracted by Harry lately. Louis was actually on the brink of calling Jo instead of Stan just to get it over with, but he doesn't want to be in the middle of a fight that would inevitably come.

"Don't call him first." Stan argues as he drinks his beer. "If you do, you'll become a slave."

"I won't call. I won't move a finger until he calls me first." Zayn ironically says as he keeps pacing and fiddling with his phone.

"That's right! You're doing well." Stan grins at him.

"How can you say that as you watch him do that? That's a withdrawal symptoms of Harry Styles. It should be a disease. He should just call him." Louis rolls his eyes.

He was about to tell Zayn to jack off in his room when the phone finally rings "It's him, it's him." Zayn rushes, stopping in front of the television  where Louis and Stan were about to score.

Stan and Louis curses at him till he moves away from the television.

"Relax, just be cool." Stan absently says. Louis snorts at the advice, before pausing the game.

When he looks up at Zayn, he saw him silently counting up to ten as he lets the phone ring for five more times even though Louis could tell that Zayn's finger is itching to press the answer button.

After the seventh ring, Zayn takes a deep breath and slowly puts the phone against his ears.

"Hello?" Zayn starts.

"Just remember, be cool." Stan reminds.

Zayn nods before smiling at the phone. "Who's this?" There was a pause until Zayn shakes his head with a faked frown on his lips. "Harry? Harry who?"

"That is a little overboard." Stan frowns.

"A little? It's too much." Louis replies.

"Oh!" Zayn suddenly exclaims as if he was struck by some realization "Oh, yeah, Harry Styles, right? I remember you now. How are you?"

There was a pause, and Louis could see how Zayn's trying not to smile.

"You're asking if I'm free?" Zayn asks, gripping the phone harder. "Let me check my schedule." He lies.

After a couple of seconds, Zayn cursed, pretending to be disappointed "Bloody hell, I am so busy that I don't even remember that you didn't call me for three days and thirteen hours."

"Oh my god." Stan palms his head. "Can't he keep his cool?"

"Zayn doesn't even know how to be cool." Louis rolls his eyes.

"All right. I'm not sure if I can meet you today, but I'll try." Zayn says before hanging up.

He looks at Louis and Stan with a big smile on his face. "Did you see that? I hanged up first."

"Congrats." Stan says dryly before resuming the game.

"So what did he say?"

"He asks if I wanted to have a lunch with him."