Twenty Nine

***

Harry lay flat on his back, breathing hard as though he had been running. He had awoken with a strange yet familiar sense of longing with his hands pressed over his face. The tattoo on his wrist feels hot like it was burning a hole on his wrist as though someone had just pressed a hot wire to his skin.

He sat up on his bed and looked at his bedside clock, when he saw it was five in the morning he groans. The space in his bed beside him was cold and empty, which means Grimmy has been long gone. Harry lets out a sigh as he made his way out of his room, but before he could open the door, he heard quiet, strangled sobs, and when he peers over the door he saw the sounds coming from Grimmy.

The sight of it made Harry's stomach drop, he felt the air in his lungs disappear as he stays frozen on the spot, watching as Grimmy continues to shed tears at five fucking in the morning.

As Grimmy's soulmate, Harry should be fretting and hovering over him, trying to make him stop and do his hardest to make him smile, but Harry can't, instead he feels a heavy weight on his shoulders, and his toes curls because it's too fucking early to deal with something so heavy.

He shakes his head, he shouldn't think like that, he's his soulmate. He should comfort Grimmy and make him feel good about himself.

With faltering steps, Harry made his way over him. His shuffling must have been heard by his soulmate, because his sob suddenly reduce to hiccups.

"Hey." Harry says hesitantly. "What's wrong?" He asks, silently debating if he should put his hand on his shoulders. He heard that a lone touch from your soulmate, makes everything better. So when he lays his hand gently on Grimmy's shoulder, his heart sank when Grimmy lets out louder cries.

He frowns at his reaction since he can't believe his mum's stories about comforting your soulmate with just a touch was a lie.

"Grimmy?"

"My nan was taken to the ER this morning." He answers immediately, and Harry feels a sudden wave of alarm.

Grimmy's nan has an urgent case of tuberculosis and was declared fatal two years ago, but in the recent months she starts to show signs of recovery and she was later discharge. Grimmy and his family were happy with the news. So, to hear that his nan was taken back to the hospital must be such a distress to the entire family, and Harry can't imagine the pain Grimmy must be feeling.

"Oh fuck, I'm so sorry, Grimmy." Harry, being kind as ever, was quick to hug him in comfort. "How is she now?"

"Stable." He wipes his face with his hands as his sobs starts to subside. "Do you know what my nan always tells me every time I visit her at the hospital?" He asks with a humorless chuckle.

"What?" Harry asks as he rubs his hand up and down Grimmy's back.

"She always tells me to get married as soon as I find my soulmate. So, that before she dies, she'll be happy."

Harry's hand instantly stills, and in a flash, his hands quickly retracts from his back as he stares at Grimmy with wide eyes.

Before Harry could say anything, Grimmy lets out a self-deprecating chuckle as he stares at Harry with sad eyes. "You know what's worse than a dying grandma?" He asks rhetorically "The fact that I can't make her wish come true just because my own soulmate doesn't love me back."

Harry gapes "I-I..of course I do." He flushes red as he puts more distance between him and Grimmy.

"Yeah?" He challenges "You will marry me then?"