Twenty Six

***

When Zayn told Louis about coming back to Bradford, Louis almost had his favorite mug slipped from his fingers, because Louis knows that going back to Bradford means only one thing.

Ever since they were in  Freshmen year they've talked about moving to London to finish uni there then they would live near the Elephant and Castle junction where the street has a long line of pubs so that they could party every weekend and work there when it's summer, but when Zayn proposed to Jo, their plans changed which leads them to talked about a new one that includes her. They talked about finishing uni then moving back to Bradford for the wedding. It was just unfortunate that Jo's school was in Scotland, so her summer schedule doesn't coincide with theirs and it also means that she would graduate later than they will.

The distance between their uni also  prompts Zayn and Jo to talked about using their time apart to look for their soulmates before they get married as a last attempt to say that they did try looking for their other halves, and when they don't find them before the wedding that simply means that the two of them were meant to be together after all.

So, when Zayn announced he'll go back to Bradford, of course, Louis' first thought was to get Zayn drunk as a celebration. He made Zayn dressed up which he studiously refused because he knows that they would just end up in Lights.Co, the pub on the corner of the street.

Zayn was at the bar counter waiting for his order. He could spot Louis back at the table with Jo, who insisted to come with them when she found out that Zayn finally made up his mind to go back to Bradford. The thought of Jo already planning of gown hunting with both of their mums is making Zayn sweat, because he's not that sure anymore if he wants to get married, but he doesn't have the heart to break it off with Jo when he saw the glint in her eyes and the smile she gave him.

Zayn hasn't even told Louis about his second thoughts, because when he was about to, Jo showed up and greeted him with hugs and kisses, and he immediately thought of the moment he met Jo and the hope he felt all those years ago, that maybe he could find a perfect love without the stupid tattoo.

Being with Jo isn't like being with Harry, the difference is palpable and he doesn't know the depth of his happiness until he met Harry, but being with her wasn't a bore either. It doesn't feel like a chore or an obligation, so Zayn doesn't really mind if he spends his whole life with her, he just doesn't want it to be so soon. It feels like they're moving too fast now that the wedding is looming just around the corner.

And yes, being with Harry was easy, it's like breathing or blinking. Loving him almost feels like the utmost normal thing in his life and Zayn knows that he would hold fire in his hands for a chance at being with Harry for even a day. Being with Harry feels like Zayn's already a part of him. It feels like his heart is being held by Harry and every time Harry squeezes it, it would immediately respond to him, as if it doesn't belong to Zayn anymore but to Harry's.

And Zayn knows that's a problem because Harry already has Grimmy.

He was about to come back with the drinks when he caught  a glimpse of a mop of curly hair from the corner of his eyes and he almost had the drinks spilled when he realized it was Harry. He must have been staring for too long because Harry turns around and catches his eyes. He feel his heart pound because if Harry's here then so is Grimmy, and he doesn't think he has it in him to feel another wave of sadness when he sees them together, but then Harry's making his way towards him, and Zayn has seen Harry enough times to know when he's pissed drunk, so when Harry tries to walk towards him in an unstable form it was all Zayn could do not to go to him and help him. He almost laugh when Harry trips on his own two feet, but the laughter died when he remembers their last encounter.