Twenty Four

***

3 Days Later

It's funny.

Fucking funny how the two people Zayn's serving right now are arguing about something as stupid as to which is the dominant color of a white tiger. It was so stupid that Zayn has to roll his eyes at the dumb topic of their argument. The couple's tattoos were both shaded red and they're looking at each other with irritation at the same time with lust. It was funny how they were able to get Zayn's attention with how angry they look at one another but still have their tattoos glow so red whenever they look at each other, and Zayn almost laughs, because the first thought that came to his mind was him and Harry.

It's obvious that the two strangers are soulmates so there was no doubt in his mind that they'll both reconcile in about three minutes, because that's how soulmates are. They love, they fight, they kiss; it's an endless cycle of an epitome of a loving relationship.

Watching them made Zayn's heart yearn for Harry even more which he didn't think could be possible with how much he misses him already. Harry's not here, he's still on his leave. Paul doesn't know that Harry was actually back in London, but Zayn didn't bother to inform him about Harry's location, just because he knows that he and Harry needs a time off from each other. All they do this past few days was tear chunks out of each other, and it scares Zayn how they might never reconcile. 

Zayn doesn't deny that he misses Harry everyday he's not with him, but not having Harry here also eases Zayn's mind because he knows how tired Harry is and he's glad that he's at his flat right now and resting.

So, it was a surprise to him when he looks up and sees Grimmy making his way to the concession stand. Zayn's forehead creases in confusion when Grimmy stops in front of him with a hard look.

"Harry's not here." Was the first thing he says.

"Of course he's not." Grimmy rolls his eyes "He's still in Southampton."

Zayn pauses for a moment before looking at him with bemusement "What?"

Grimmy must have thought that Zayn was left out of the news on where Harry is, because he lets out a toothy grin as if the fact that Zayn doesn't know where Harry is counts as a win.

"Oh, you didn't know?" He lets out laugh "He's been in Southampton with Gemma, you daft. Guess he doesn't value you as much anymore if he's not updating you about his life."

Zayn raises his eyebrows in challenge, because he can't believe he's hearing this from this mole. He almost tells him that Harry's actually back in London for three days now just so Zayn could get rid of his smug look.

 He also almost laugh at Grimmy's ridiculous jab because Zayn knows that after Harry got off the train from Southampton, he went straight to Zayn. So, it's such a laugh for Grimmy to tell him how irrelevant he is from Harry's life.

"O-kay." He blinks at him. He'd much rather have Grimmy feel good about himself than disclose to him that Harry's been in London all along, because Harry must have a reason why he hasn't told Grimmy yet, and Zayn is convinced that Harry doesn't want his soulmate to know because Grimmy is such a work to be with.

"I bet you don't even know why he left in the first place." He brags with a taunting smirk.

Zayn sighs in indignation "Nope." He lies.

He chuckles at Zayn's ignorance "He went to Gemma."

"Oh, really?" Zayn rolls his eyes, having packed as much sarcasm in his tone as possible. "So, he's in Southampton right now?"