Twenty Seven

***

Continuation.

"Nicole!" Louis exclaims in shock when he saw her, because it's staggering to remember someone he only met so briefly.

"Do I know you?" She asks, her eyebrows pinched together.

"We met before." He says.  "Funnily enough, we met at this bar."

She only raises her eyebrows at him.

"You slept with my mate." He trails off with an expectant gaze. She only gives him a blank look "Remember Zayn?" He says  "Eyelashes, cheekbones, and deep suburban accent that sounds like he just went through puberty." He describes, and when she didn't respond, he sighs "Forget it."

He was about to walk away when she stops him "Wait, what name did you say it was again?"

"Uh, Zayn?"

"Zayn?" She frowns before making a sound of surprised "Oh, Zayn! I know Zayn! Is here here? where is he?" She asks, looking around the pub with a sense of purpose.

Louis looks at her questioningly, not knowing why she wants to see Zayn "Yeah, he's here." He answers hesitantly "If you want to relive a night with him, I don't think that's going to happen." He snorts, glancing at Zayn, who's still tucked away in the corner with Harry.

She gives him an annoyed look "No, I just want to talk to him."

"Yeah, right." He chuckles, looking at her suspiciously. "Look, he has a fiance so I don't-"

"He has a fiance?" Her jaw drops open in surprised.

Louis shrugs "Yeah, he does. Zayn proposed to-"

"Oh, Zayn proposed to him? That's sweet." Louis' face scrunches "It's heartwarming to know that Zayn did end up with him after all."

"What?" Louis raises his eyebrows "Zayn ended up with who?"

"The bloke  from that night."

Louis frowns "What bloke?"

"You know, the bloke." She explains, clearly exasperated. "Zayn's soulmate."

Louis could only blink at her "What?"

Nicole huffs before clicking her tongue on the roof of her mouth in frustration "Ugh, where's Zayn?" She demands, putting her hands on her hips.

Louis stares at her blankly before pointing at Zayn, who's still preoccupied with Harry "Over there." He points to where he and Harry were laughing and touching each other's arms furtively.

Zayn has his back against the wall, and Harry has his hand resting besides Zayn's head, and their faces were only centimeters away from each other. To other people they might look like they're snogging, but Louis knows better.

He rolls his eyes at the two splendid idiots, before turning to look at Nicole, who was staring at Zayn and Harry with what looks like relief.

"So, they did end up together." She sighs in respite and Louis didn't miss the way her shoulders relaxed and her eyes soften as she watches Zayn and Harry. "Good." She mutters turning to Louis "I thought I would live my whole life with the guilt of kissing someone in front of their soulmate." She laughs nervously.