Children

*L and Elmira are asleep. Suddenly, Elmira is shocked awake, she is having contractions. A lot.*

L: *awake* What is it babe?

Elmira: L, I think the baby's coming!

L: !!! I'll get everyone up! *runs down the hall clanking two pans together* EVERYONE UP! WE'RE HAVING A BABY!

*everyone runs out*

Connor: Then we gotta get Elmira to the hospital fast!

And so...

*Everyone rushes into the hospital, Elmira is groaning in pain, and L is comforting her*

L: Shhhh it's gonna be alright.

*The nurses take Elmira to her hospital room to prepare her while the rest of the task force is in the waiting room*

L: I'm so nervous.

Connor: Why?

L: I'm gonna be a dad.

Connor: What about Near and Mello?

L: They were adopted. They came from Wammy's House like me. But this...

Connor: Hey calm down man. Listen, being a dad is a wonderful experience. The day Leia was born was one of the greatest days of my life.

L: But what if I'm not good? What if I end up being a terrible parent?

Connor: L, you're going to be a great parent. Trust me.

*elf nurse walks out*

Nurse: Mr. Lawliet, you can join your wife now.

L: *gulp* *follows nurse*

Lucas: Wow, just think. A Christmas baby. Sure it's not Christmas yet but it's close enough.

Light: Well, now the kid's gonna hate all his birthdays cause it's close to Christmas. What an accident.

Connor: How about you shut up?

Light: Says the man who had a kid on accident himself and then acts like—OOF!

Connor: *punches Light into a wall*

Connor: Never talk to me like that again. And for your information, Leia was not an accident.

Rey: We planned her.

Connor: My one goal in life was to have a family. And I did. So you can sit down and shut the fork up and be happy for them for once, who ALSO planned this.

Jay: Yeah! Not cool man. Not cool.

Light: ...I'm sorry. It's just...I'm jealous. You and L get to have the hot wives and the kids. Me? I've got nothing. Sure, I've always been the asshole Kira and everything, and I seem unkind and unfeeling, but deep down, I want that too. I'm lonely, Connor.

Connor: ...wow.

Lucas: Light, this is a side of you we've never seen.

Light: *sniff* I know. *Wipes away a tear*

Connor: Listen Light. I guarantee there's someone out there for you. You just gotta reach out there. You'll find someone. I promise.

Light: *sniff* Thanks Connor.

*Nurse walks back out*

Nurse: Ok you can come in now.

*They walk into the room. L is standing by Elmira, who is in the bed holding an adorable baby boy.*

Everyone: Awwwwww...

L: Everyone, feast your eyes on L Lawliet Jr.! Isn't he a handsome lad?

Elmira: *lightly jabs L in the rib*

L: Kidding.

Rey: He is so cute!

Lucas: What are you going to name him?

L and Elmira: Chris.

Connor: That's a good name.