Chapter 18 (preparing)

Piper's position

I want to do something sweet for Alex. She is 4 and a half months and I haven't don't anything sweet for her yet.

Maybe I could...  got it.

In the afternoon I told Alex I needed her to run the store for me. So she went. I gave her a list as long as possible. Then while she was gone I also went to the store. I bought a lock.  and I bought a bunch of supplies I'd need.

In the apartment we had a extra room right next to ours. I put a lock on the outside of the door and had the key to myself. I spent plenty of hours in this room everyday.

Alex always said Why I was in there and I just said cleaning out junk. After a week and a half of work out was finally ready to show to her.

The next morning the morning she became three weeks in her fourth month of pregnancy I took her in front of the door. I asked her to close her eyes while I unlocked it but didn't open it.

I made sure her eyes were shut and held her hand and led her into the room. her eyes were still closed and I told her to open them. It was a huge jaw dropper for her.

When she opened her eyes she saw a beautiful room. It was split directly in half. One side was pink and one was blue. There was a crib and bassinette on each side in pink and blue. there was one changing table in the middle and a white rocking chair. Also on each side there was a little baby swing and bouncer.

Alex couldn't stop smiling. She turned around to face me and saw a closet also split in half filled with baby clothes for boys and girls and tons of wipes and diapers at the top.

She started walking around and was still smiling. She said "I Love it . " she walked around and started to touch everything. She got over by the clothes and picked up a onesie and held it to her face.

"Thank you so much babe. I couldn't ask for a better life right now. I love you so much. " She came over kissed me and said she couldn't wait for them to arrive.