Chapter 2

Alexandra's POV   

A little girl went missing. She's 6 years old. About 3'9 feet tall, straight hair, brownish skinned, skinny, brown eyed, etc... Her family lost her during the storm. If you have seen her, please contact this number provided below.

It says here that this is happened 12 years ago. That long? The family of this girl lost her during the storm. I'm holding her flyer right now and I'm wondering if she had returned back to her parents.

I put the flyer back to the board of missing persons. I am in front of it today looking at the persons posted here that went missing. Some flyers are old and some are new. I don't know who all of them are. I wonder what test they encountered today. I hope they are found or will be found. I hope they would not experience just like I did. I wipe the tear that escaped from my eyes. That memory makes me want to cry again.

It's been almost one month since I was found. I didn't try to leave our house since then except for today. My family planned that we will move to another place far-far away from here. "We'll start a new life there"- that's what dad said. Our trip will start tomorrow morning. That's why I left our house to go to Mic's place so I could bid her a gift and a farewell.

I have nothing else to do here, so I started walking towards Mic's. I'm wearing my thick jacket, pants, shoes, a cap, and a mask to cover myself as possible. So no one would recognize me. No one knows except for my parents, the doctor and Mic that I'm still alive. My dad told my classmates, teachers, neighbors, and even others who looked for me that I was found but died after. A request I made to my dad since they told me before that we will be moving for a reason. My dad agreed but he's very disappointed at me for not telling them about going out in a very bad weather. I can't blame him. I should have stayed in the first place. And also I didn't tell him about the full story that really happened back there. All he knows is that I'm in the location where rock-slides occurred. I was safe because I was secured in a small cave.

I finally reached their property. I stopped and stared, I'm going to miss this place. I have so many memories here. All the laughs, all the fun, the excitement, arguments, time we have. Mic and I were childhood friends. She loved what I love and I loved what she loved. She helped me discover the things she know and showed me that life is so beautiful. Mic is like a sister to me. She would protect me whenever I'm in danger. She'd help me when someone tries me. She's always at my side whenever I need her. She would cheer me up when I start to doubt on something. She knows when to give me an advice, chastising, and comfort. I'm dependent to her. Sometimes, I can't choose anything without her suggestions. She knows me a lot. She made me smile. I'm sure I'm going to miss her too.

My parents told me that I could stay here but I would be alone in our house. They said that it is really important that they should get to that place [I forgot the place and they never told me the reason], so they have to move. But I told them that I should come with them because I don't like this place though. Almost everyone is horrible. And I don't want to deal with them anymore. I had enough of trusting them.

I walked pass their fence, straight to their door and knocked. There's no respond. Maybe they haven't heard it, so I knocked once more but then again there's no response.

And I knocked and knocked again. "Mic?" I called.

"There's no one in there." I turned to see whose talking. She's an old woman, a neighbor.

"There aren't? Can you please tell me where they are?" They are not here? What about this gift and my farewell. We'll be gone tomorrow morning. What would Mic feel if I'll be gone without telling her?