Chapter 21 "Search for Jimmy"

Alexandra's POV

I woke up because of the light that shine upon my face.

"Alex..."

"Faith..." I said. "Are you okay? Something hurts on you?"

"I'm fine." She replied. "But how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine." I said.

"That's good. I thought you'd left us." She said.

"I won't, why? Where are the others?" I asked.

...

Faith's POV

---Flashback---

I found myself wrapped by the leaves of the tree. I unwrap myself and carefully balance myself on the branches of the tree.

I heard running footsteps so I look down to the ground. And found that someone came under the tree and he is carrying someone on his back.

My heart beat running rapidly because of the situation that I am in. Everyone knows that I don't know how to fight.

The person in cloak under the tree lifts his head and saw me above him. His hair is tall and frizzy and wet. My body glued in its position and my face turned pale.

The person flew and went beside me.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked.

I did not reply but just stared at him. H-he won't kill me?

He then gathered the leaves of the tree. He formed it into a hanging bed and with his powers, he strengthened it so if an object is laid in there, it won't fall. After a few tests he made, he laid the unconscious person to the hanging bed that he made.

I saw that the unconscious person is Alexandra. And I finally figured out that this person here is not an enemy. I think his name is Kenneth.

"Why? W-what happened to her?" I asked.

I saw Alexandra's eyes became white and her skin is filled with green veins. Her lips are pale and I don't know if she is breathing.

Is Alex being poisoned?

Kenneth took a bottle of something from his magical pouch and poured a little bit of it to Alex's lips.

After a few minutes, he took Alex.

"Let's go." He said.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It is not safe here." He replied and jumped off the tree.

---End-of-Flashback---

"Faith...?" –Alexandra.

"Sorry...?" I replied.

"Where are the others?" She asked.

"I don't know, Alex..." I replied.

Since what happened last night, the group is being separated.

"What...?"

"No... what are you doing?" I said but she ignored me and continued to rise up.

...

Alexandra's POV

My muscles trembled but I continued to rise until I can stand up.

"Let her, Faith." I stopped. It was Kenneth who's speaking coldly.

Faith moved away from me.