Chapter 8

After Kenneth was out of our sight, Hector followed him.

"Kenneth, wait. Where are you going?" Hector called until he is out of sight too.

Keith stepped toward s me.

"There, there Alex. Don't be too affected. He did that because he was worried but he didn't mean it." –Keith.

"But he's right. I'm a disappointment. I'm a big burden to Jamaicah and to all of you. I lost her and it's my entire fault. I was curious about the west wing. She told me that we can explore it after your answer. But I did go too far, I entered it and she saw me. She was worried what will happen to me so she followed and accompanied me. And now here we are in trouble and you're helping me because of my mistake. I'm nothing but a useless person."

"Don't think of that to yourself. That's not true." –Keith.

"I wanted to believe you, Keith. But how can you tell that to me when we just met earlier? You don't know what I have been through, you don't really know me, you don't know what life I had, and you don't know what's my inside feelings. So how can you tell that Kenneth is wrong?"

"Then how can you tell that Kenneth is right. He is the same as I am who just met you. He don't know what you have been through, he don't know how intelligent you are, he don't know you're feelings, and he don't know the inside you. He only called you negatively because of he's anger." –Keith.

I burst crying.

...

Hector's POV

"Kenneth!" I called, I see him now.

"What?" he asked in an angry way.

"Calm down!"

"How Can I calm down? Tell me! We already lose Diana, Lucia, David, and Rose then Jamaicah?"

"Maybe we'll find her if we help them keep searching just like we did to Monika."

"But she still didn't wake up."

"Stop that! She'll wake up soon!" I'm angry.

I know he didn't mean that but the way he said was like he doubted that Monika won't ever wake up.

That makes me angry. Why would he doubt her when she was a great importance for us?

"I'm sorry."

...

Zane's POV

Alexandra finally stopped crying but the sadness marked her face.

"I think Kenneth just told you that because he was chastising you. He doesn't want to lose anyone anymore." –Me. "Two years ago, Kenneth and David Tresan were partners to enter the portal leading to this world. This is not a human world, Alex. One minute here is equals to one second there. And there are twenty-five hours in one day here. This is the enchanter's world, Mystical World where spells and magic exist." I saw her reaction. It's like she can't believe it. "Believe it or not, Keith is an enchanter. So are Hector and Kenneth. All those are staying in the west wing. But that does not include me. "Keith nodded to satisfy Alex. "Two years ago, Kenneth became ill and I was the one who is responsible for curing him but he didn't trust me because I was new in their team that time. I'm a human trained just like you and Jamaicah, I also get to wear that plain white cloak of yours a long time ago and my group that time was Janette and Jamaicah but because I was the most outstanding trainee among you, I became the healer of all the enchanters. Even that Kenneth got ill, he still continued to go inside the portal and companying David. David forbids him but he still goes on. After an hour of waiting for them, David came back from the portal, grasping for air and carrying Kenneth. He puts down Kenneth to the ground that is obviously become seriously very ill. David told me and Sir James to immediately put him to the clinic and heal him. And as he stands up, a beast appeared from the portal and killed David from the back. Good thing Monica was there, she attacked the beast with her spell; chanting to make the beast dizzy and fall to the ground. While the beast is unconscious, she stabbed the beast with a sword to kill it. But we cannot bring back the life of David's. The beast made a big hole of David's chest with its hand. Kenneth was healed but he wished to die. He blamed himself for David's death. It was a hard time for him, he feel so useless. There are less of good enchanters left and now they lost David. 'Till then, Hector became his partner and I became Keith's partner. I was trained to fight just like you after it happened but at the same time their healer."

"Not just that. Before Zane became our healer. We were grouped to enter the portal. That group consists of me, Rose, Diana, Lucia, David, and Kenneth. We were grouped because the latest partners that entered the portal were seen by Alfred our main enemy. So, to make it sure that the next to enter will be safe, we were grouped. Actually, I and Rose didn't have to join them but Rose volunteered." –Keith. "After we entered the portal, we killed so many beasts as usual. After an hour, Diana and Lucia offended Rose. It was a little misunderstanding but it went big. I did nothing but to keep my mouth shut. I did nothing but to comfort Rose when the two won't see us. Diana and Lucia are partners and they are a remarkable team while I and Rose are just as half of their strength." Keith held her chin up. "After a while, Rose left us secretly. I tried to find her and I told David about it. Yes we searched for Rose and we saw her trapped in a cage. It was a trap made by the servants of Alfred. As we come near her, the servants of Alfred attacked us. They are enchanters too but they are the bad ones. Just like humans, some are bad and some are good. They threw us some kind of balls from their hand made potion. As the balls touched the ground, smoke appeared. Rose made a barrier for us to avoid the smoke even that she is far from us. David, Kenneth, and I were safe because of the barrier but Lucia and Diana lying unconscious to the ground. They weren't protected from Rose's barrier. We tried to attack back the enemies but they are too many. There were three of us left until David decided to head back. Kenneth and David carried Lucia and Diana. I begged them to rescue Rose but David warned me the situation. I went crying then we left her." I nodded. I heard that story before that in the end, Lucia and Diana died because of the poison. "Ever since that happened, Kenneth and David trained to fight themselves using swords, arrows and etc. And they learned hard enough to get further spells. And they also became very strict when it comes to everyone's safety."

"What happened to Rose?" Alexandra asked.

"After Sir James healed our wounds. David, Kenneth and I went back to find Rose. We found Rose and tried to save her but because one hour of human world is equals to two days and 4 hours in Mystical World, we left Rose for four days and was already been brainwashed by Alfred. She attacked us like we're strangers in front of her. We have nothing else to do so we left her again and treated her as an enemy." –Keith.

"Who is Alfred?" Alex asked.

"He is our main enemy. He wants to take over our world but he can't do it when we are still alive and hiding in the late queen's portal. If you heard Mr. Greg's story, it was all true. That happened in our world, the Mystical World. Alfred is the one for causing all trouble. He should be blamed for everything." Alexandra was shocked to hear Keith's words.

"Jamaicah! What if Jamaicah is in Alfred's hands?" ­–Alexandra.

"We almost forgot about her!" – Me.

"You're right! We should look for her near at Alfred's territory." –Kieth.

"Can we join?" We all turned to see whose talking. It was Hector.

Kenneth and Hector came back.

...

Keith POV

Is Kenneth all fine now?

I know that he is worried for all of us but we can't just leave Jamaicah behind.

Even Jamaicah is different from us, she still my close friend.

I won't let Alfred do anything to Jamaicah just like he did to Rose.