Chapter 35 "Jamaicah's First Mission"

Jamaicah's POV

It's almost midnight. Where are they?

"Where are the others?" Mrs. Tessie asked.

"They'll be here soon." I answered.

"Well, they should hurry up. We don't like Mr. Arrastia to keep waiting." She said.

Mr. Arrastia...? Alexandra's father...? Her father...!

"Jamaicah..." -Anne.

Finally, they came carrying with so many luggage and bags?

"Good evening, Mrs. Tessie." -Zane.

"Good evening..." -Mrs. Tessie

"Wait for us...!" -Chris.

"I am so excited." -Janette.

"Good evening, Mrs. Tessie." -Paul.

"Good evening to you too..." Mrs. Tessie replied. "Now that you are all here, here are your allowances." She said and gave each of us weird papers.

"Green Papers...?" –Chris.

"Allowance...? That's sounds strange... And these papers look strange also." -Janette.

"What are these for...?" I asked and smelled it. It smells different too...

"That thing is called money. Humans use it to trade it for food or anything else." -Mrs. Tessie.

"I never thought that humans are this weird. Why would they trade for something with these papers? Are papers that important...?" -Chris.

"It is called money." Anne corrected him.

"Don't forget that we are also a human, Chris." -Paul.

"Yeah... You are telling that like you are not a human." –Anne.

"Oops..." –Chris.

"Don't loss it. To the humans, it is very important than what you think it is." -Mrs. Tessie. "And here are your phones..." She added.

"Phone...? That's sounds weird. It is just a black heavy mirror..." -Janette.

"Is this used to trade for other human's things and foods too?" I asked.

"This is weird... Why would they call it with unique names but it is Uhm-?" Zane did not continue his talk.

"What is it, Zane?" –Anne.

"Never mind..." Zane replied.

"Hey! Look at this! It is shining." -Chris.

"Wow... What did you do to it?" I ask.

"I don't know." He answered.

"There must be some kind of magic powers in there." -Janette.

"Now it turned into mirror again." -Chris.

I shook the phone on my hand. And it went shining.

"Wow..." I said.

The others shook their phones too just like what I did. Some were shining and to some didn't.

"Amazing..." Anne said and slightly laughed.

"I think my phone will only shine when there's danger is ahead of us." Zane said after shaking his phone but didn't shine.

"I think so it is." I said.

"Okay, let's go now." I heard a man said.

We all turn to him. I was right! He is Alexandra's father.

I and the others hurriedly took our own bags and other things to put it into the car.

...

Mrs. Tessie's POV

Jamaicah and the others hurriedly went to the car.

Those kids...

"They are very excited..." Mrs. Arrastia.

"Yeah..." I replied.

We both watched the kids while standing.

I keep on thinking too...

Why are those humans giving a great importance with green papers- I mean money? And what is with those phones? Why does it shine? Why are those things important?