Chapter 25 "Mourn"

Jamaicah's POV

"Kenneth..." –John.

"You guys must return now to the mansion. I'll just stay here for a while." –Kenneth.

Hector moved towards us and told us to go back to the mansion quietly and quickly.

Steve and John immediately dragged me as well as Faith away.

As we are far from Kenneth, Halloween suddenly jumped off from my arms.

"Sorry guys but I also have to stay here for a while too." –Halloween.

"Okay, we understand." –Steven.

As Halloween went to Kenneth, Steven continued to drag me.

"Wait! What is happening? Where are we going?" I asked. "We didn't found Alex yet! We should continue to look for her!" I said while pulling myself from them.

"We are going back to the mansion..." Steven said.

Steven grabbed my arms again.

"Wait! Can you two tell me what's going on? I can't understand the atmosphere today! I can't understand all of you!" I yelled at them.

"Alex is dead." John said coldly.

"W-what...?"

"Alex is dead, Jamaicah." –Steven.

"W-why...? How...? How did you know? How can you say that? We even didn't saw her dead body!" I said. "No! She's not dead! She's alive. You are just joking, right? So stop it! It is not a good joke."

"It is understandable that these foot prints on the ground are from the two beasts that are chasing her." –John.

"Then what is wrong with that? She is strong...She knows how to fight-" I said.

"She doesn't have any weapon with her because it fell to the ground and the only option she could choose was to run and try to escape from the two beasts. She did run fast but she fell into the quicksand afterwards." –John.

"No..."

"Their foot prints prove it all." –John.

"It's a quicksand. We can get her out there. Right, Steven?" I said.

Steven lowered his head.

I can't believe this!

We can bring her back... We can get her out from there...

I went and walk towards the quicksand. Kenneth, Hector, and Halloween are there too.

But Steven grabbed my arm again and tried to pull me.

"Jamaicah, we have to go before the portal vanishes again." –Steven. "It is not safe here."

"I'm going to ask Hector to get her out from there." I said.

"You can't..." He said.

"Why can't I? Tell me!" I said. "I can't just leave Alex to die."

"She's dead." –Steven.

"She's not. Stop saying those lies!" I said.

"She's dead, Jamaicah." –John.

"How would you know?" I said angrily. "You can't just rely on the foot prints to find what happened!

This blood pressuring... Now I'm crying out loudly.