Chapter 3

Alexandra's POV    

I reversed myself. Putting my balance back to the other foot and stepped that foot backward to where it was before.

What was that? This is shocking.

I scanned my surroundings again. I'm inside the bathroom and in front of the opened door straight to my room that the lights are off.

I laughed.

No, that's impossible. I must be seeing things. That really can't happen.

The lights turned on.

"Good evening Miss Alexandra Arrastia." She smiled at me. She's the person who turned on the lights.

...

"I like your dress, Alex." She said and I smile at her. She told me lately that her name is Sally. She's the person mom mentioned me after I got here in this room. "You won't wear dresses like that here, would you?" I stopped myself from finding my sandals and faced Miss Sally. What does she mean by that? I'm wearing the dress right now.

"What's wrong with my dress? I thought you like it." Yes or maybe she's lying.

"Your dress is obviously an old fashion but pretty. It covers your knee, shoulders, and back. Unlike any other dresses are reveling bodies that should be private." Miss Sally said.

"Then what's wrong with this dress that I'm wearing?" I asked.

"That dress is not enough. You need to cover up more." She explained.

...

"Don't act like a fool, Miss Alex." She said without facing me. She's in front of me and we're walking heading to the dining hall for diner. She stopped from walking but stayed facing forward. "Straight 'in up your body, Miss. Chins up, and do not look to the floor." She ordered and I obeyed it. Then we continued to walk.

I thought that she's kind of nice but I was wrong. She smiles so angelic and talk so gentle but I can feel that something's opposite of it about her. I thought it will be easy for me to get along with her but then again I was completely wrong.

I feel more comfortable wearing this white cloak that Miss Sally gave me and at the same time feeling conscious to what I may look like in front of the others. This cloak covers almost whole of my body, even to the tip of my toes and fingers of my hands. The only thing that does not cover is my face. Though no one's in here, I feel tensed to be seen.

This cloak reminds me of the person I bumped into this afternoon but only it is colored black and mine is white.

Miss Sally also gave me some more of it to wear and requires me not to dress my clothes as long as I'm in this place.

It is really strict and weird.

I asked her why I have to wear this. But she only answered "For security."

"I said chins up!"

"Aww!" I bumped into her. I didn't notice that she stopped from walking and turned, facing me.

"You're a slack!" She said. That was kind of hurt.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"If I was not the person you bumped into, what would you do? Don't try to mess up here, Alex. Every second is hectic. Remember that." She scared me off this time.

"I-"

"Don't try to excuse yourself!" She said.

But it was an accident. I thought. Why are you mad about it? It pissed me off. It's just a small bump. Nothing is damaged. Why! I really hate it when someone dejected me.