ii. are you ready?

With hundreds of people milling about LAX, Andrea pushed through the crowds with Jefferson leading her to the baggage claim

With hundreds of people milling about LAX, Andrea pushed through the crowds with Jefferson leading her to the baggage claim. Her's immediately stood out, the matching baby blue set of vintage luggage all strapped together so they wouldn't get lost. She was glad that she had her bass sent to the studio beforehand, she couldn't bear standing in the crowd another moment.

Coming up to the entrance, the two of them saw rows and rows of people with signs, either waiting for family members or significant others. Although a pair of gentlemen stood out. They were holding a sign in front of their faces, but Andie could notice Brian May's curls anywhere. Plus with Brian hiding his face with the sign Roger wasn't exactly hidden. On the sign was "baby Deacy" in black marker with crude red and pink love hearts drawn around it.

Dropping her bags at the sight of them, Andie rushed forward into the open arms of her two uncles. Smiling so wide that the corner of her eyes crinkled up and the gap in her teeth was visible. Brian was chuckling as Roger shouted something about finally seeing her. "I know, I haven't seen you guys in ages." She grinned, pulling away to see the faces that she grew up with, still seeing the young men they used to be inside of them.

Brian grabbed her arm, seeing Freddie's old studded armband wrapped around her wrist. "You still wear this old thing?" He asked with a soft smile, "It's nearly as old as you are."

"Every day," Andie smiled. "I only take it off to shower."

"She wears that thing more than her engagement ring," Jefferson said with a chuckle, carrying both her luggage and his.

"Oh, you brought..." Roger started snapping, trying to think up what Jefferson's name was. "Jacob! Yes, Jacob..."

"Rog, it's Jefferson," Andrea chuckled, "come on, your not that old." Roger was sizing him up now, and Jefferson shifted uncomfortably on his feet.

"Right, sorry Jefferson," Roger said with a sort of disgruntlement.

Andie glanced at Brian who leaned down and whispered in her ear, "He knows his name, he's just being difficult."

Andie shook her head, "When is Roger not being difficult." she whispered back to him and he chuckled.

"Now let's get those bags out to the car, yeah? We've got a big day ahead of us." Roger said, grabbing Andie's bags from Jefferson's hand. "Now, Jefferson, we'll drop you and the luggage off at the apartment and then we'll head on over to the studio," Roger explained as he led the group outside to a car that was already waiting for them.

"Why can't I come along?" Jefferson raised an eyebrow, "If you don't mind me asking."

"Well, I do mind," Roger said, giving the luggage to the driver to put in the trunk, "and the studio doesn't want any visitors today," He grumbled while he opened the door for Andie to get in.

"Rog," Brian warned, giving him a look. Andie silently got in the car, twiddling her thumbs as she waited for everyone else to get in.

She could feel her palms begin to sweat due to her nerves. Why was Roger acting this way? He hadn't had any qualms about Jefferson before, but it has been a while since she's seen him last, almost a year. Plus the two weren't engaged at that time. Bri at least seemed a little sympathetic for her, and Jefferson was obviously uneasy. She looked down at her hands while Roger, Brian, and Jefferson got in. 

There was an awkward silence for the first minute or so of the drive, then Andie decided she should speak up, "How's Anita?" She asked Brian, trying to break the tension.

"She's doing great," Brian smiled, "Really excited about the movie."

"I'm glad, and I'm excited too." Andie grinned, remembering why she was here in the first place. "I can't wait to see the cast."

"A great bunch they are, remind me a lot of us back in the day" Roger smiled, "I think you and Joe will get along well."

"Oh, is he playing my dad?" Andie asked, and Brian and Roger both nodded. "Cool."

"How is your father, by the way, hardly ever hear from him anymore," Roger asked. Andie could tell that it was saddening to the both of them. Her father had hardly talked to them.

"He's him, but from what I hear from mom he's doing better. Hopefully he'll get back in touch with the both of you soon."

"That's good to hear," Brian said as the car slowed to a stop. "Looks like your stop, Jefferson."

"Do you need any help with the bags?" Andie asked her fiance.

He shook his head, "I got them, love," he gave her a quick peck on the cheek before exiting the car. "Keep in touch, alright?"

"Okay," Andrea nodded and Jefferson closed the car door.

Roger spoke as soon as the door closed, "I'm sorry if I upset you earlier, there's just something off about that boy."

Brian shook his head,  "They're in love, Roger. The kid is going to be a little protective, weren't you?" Andie smiled softly to herself at this.

"Oh, alright," Roger sighed, "But I still think there's something strange about him." Soon they were moving again, Andie waved at Jefferson out the window.

About ten minutes later they were pulling in the lot of the studio, the car door being opened for them by the driver. "I feel so posh," Andie giggled and she heard the men chuckle behind her.

"Are you ready?" Brian asked, seeing the girl get giddy.

"Ready, Freddie." She wiggled her brows with a laugh.

"Alright dork, lets get inside." Roger shook his head, smiling to himself at just how much Andie reminded him of his old friend.

-
Roger's feeling sus.