xix. come together

A knock on the door brought Andie from her sleep on the couch

A knock on the door brought Andie from her sleep on the couch. Tom had come back to England two weeks ago, and the quartet has been spending all their time together, pestering Andie as she tried to write for her novel. Tiger Lily was helpful, being a fellow writer herself. Tom would complain about being hungry, but being too lazy to cook because he'd been doing it multiple times a day for weeks. Eden would poke and prod at Andie when she was bored. The three only left when they had to go to work, leaving Andie alone with her thoughts. As soon as they left she immediately felt unsafe, keeping Zeppelin close as she typed away. She tried everything to distract herself, but she always felt watched. Sometimes she would call Joe and he would talk her down. If he wasn't available to talk she would call her father, asking about his day, getting him to talk about anything just to distract her.

She hadn't heard from Joe in two days, which concerned her since the two of them called or texted every day. She simply had to remind herself that he was a grown man, and he was probably busy.

She groaned and stretched her arms in the air, feeling the muscles in her shoulders relax slightly. Stepping over Eden, who was sleeping on an air mattress on the floor. With a scratch of her leg and tousling of her messy bedhead, she opened the door. Andie's eyes widened and she let out a shriek as she crashed into Joe's open arms.

Her sleeping friends jolted awake and Tom began to shout, "I'm a chef I know how to use knives!" As he believed Joe was an intruder.

"Is this how your friends greet all your guests?" Joe chuckled as he let go of Andie, who had a large grin on your face.

"Only the ones that could possibly be murderers," Tom grunted and then a smirk formed on his face, "It's the guy with the cute ass!"

Andie gave Tom a look before turning back to Joe, ignoring what was said, "What are you doing here?" She smiled toothily, showing off the gap that rarely made an appearance.

"The studio hired the actors playing Paul and Mary and they wanted us to meet them," Joe explained as Andie let him in. Zeppelin circled his feet, jumping up to try to get his attention. Joe smiled, bending down to give the small dog a scratch.

Andie grinned at the sight, "Well, I'd love to meet them as well," she suddenly gasped, "I know, we'll have a dinner party!" She looked to the dark haired man on her couch.

Tom grinned, "I mean, I guess I could cook something just this once."

Joe looked at her, "Do you remember how well the last one went?"

"I promise nothing like that will ever happen again," Andie smiled and clapped her hands together, making a half-awake Tiger Lily jump, "Now, we've got a dinner to prepare!"