xv. going home

andrea_deacon: The fact that I won't get to see these amazing men everyday is breaking my heart

andrea_deacon: The fact that I won't get to see these amazing men everyday is breaking my heart. 🤧 Please excuse me while I go cry. These past three months have been amazing, and I can't wait to meet the rest of the amazing cast and crew when the next five months are over. #stillcryingbutitsokay #readyfreddie #bohemianrhapsody

Liked by mrgwilymlee, joe_mazzello, benhardy1, and 4,327 others.
_

andrea_deacon: Don't think you're not going to get you're own post @joe_mazzello You're my adventure buddy, my best friend

andrea_deacon: Don't think you're not going to get you're own post @joe_mazzello You're my adventure buddy, my best friend. These past three months have felt like a lifetime with you, and I can't wait for what the future brings. More misadventures, a lifelong friendship, and (soon) the perm 😝. You're not getting away from me that easy, you bet your ass your gonna be seeing my face or hearing from me every day. 💛#themisadventuresofandieandjoe will be continued.

Liked by joe_mazzello, brianmayforreal, mrgwilymlee, and 3,476 others.
_

Joe held a stack of Andie's handwritten notes in his hands. He stood in her room, helping her pack as the two of them dreaded leaving each other. Joe set the stack of papers on the bed, watching Andie fold her clothes up and set them in the biggest piece of her luggage set. He fished his phone out of his pocket to take a picture of her, but stopped when he saw a notification from Instagram. As he read Andrea's post, she was zipping up her bags, setting them all together with a huff. She blew on her bangs to get the hair out of her eye and looked to Joe, who was smiling softly down at his phone, "You ready to go, Mazzello?" She asked.

Joe cleared his throat, putting his phone back in his pocket, "Uh, yeah. Yeah," the first 'yeah' being one of surprise, the other of disappointment.

The ride to the airport was silent, but comfortably silent. The only noise coming from the radio, it was tuned to a classic rock station and the volume was turned down low. The song switched, Paul McCartney's voice floated lightly out of the car's speakers. "Take a sad song and make it better," Andie sang softly to herself.

She tried not to get choked up when she heard Joe start to sing along with her, but she failed. Tears began to fall down her cheeks as she sang, Joe could hear her voice getting choked up, "Are you crying?"

"No," Andie lied, "Shut up."

Joe shook his head, grabbing her hand that was on the center console and rubbing the back of it with his thumb, "Don't worry, Deacon, it won't be long."

"It's five bloody months without my best friend! If that's not a long time I don't know what is," She exclaimed, "I think I'm allowed a tear or two."

"Hey Jude, don't let me down," Joe began to sing to her, not knowing how much it would help, "You have found her, now go and get her. Remember to let her into your heart. Then you can start to make it better."

"Damn it, Joe," Andie used her free hand to wipe her tears, "Now you're really acting like my dad," She let out a few laughs.

-

The two of them walked through the airport, already having dropped off her bags. As they approached her gate Andie brought Joe into a tight hug, "I'm gonna miss you, friend."

Joe, with a furrowed brow and a heavy heart, held her close to his chest. He kissed the top of her head, in a friendly gesture, and rested his chin on it, "I'm going to miss you too."

She pulled away, holding a finger up, "Now keep practicing, Mazzello. And for the love of god, keep in touch."

He laughed, "I will, I promise."