ix. late night adventures

It had been a week since Jefferson had left, and Andrea couldn't deny the change in the atmosphere

It had been a week since Jefferson had left, and Andrea couldn't deny the change in the atmosphere. Everything seemed less heavy with him gone. There wasn't that constant weight of him weighing down on her shoulders. It actually felt kind of nice to be away from him for a while, and it did seem easier to talk to Joe and the rest of the boys.

It had been a long day of practice for Joe, his fingers were still gaining their muscle memory and one of his fingers started to bleed from playing so much. Andie had stayed up the previous night video chatting Jefferson, so she was tired and a bit stressed.

Joe flopped down on the couch next to Andie, the two of them exhausted.

Andie tossed her phone onto the table with a groan, Jefferson's texts were the cause of her frustration. He was throwing a fit because she didn't text him back earlier, and he even resorted to texting Joe to tell her to text him.

"Momma needs a drink," Andie sighed, getting up from the couch and walking to the bar in the kitchen, "Want one?" She called to Joe.

"Uh, sure." Joe responded, rubbing his hands on his jeans, "and, did you just call yourself 'momma'?" He laughed.

Andie came back into the main room with a full bottle of whiskey and two glasses, "Jefferson doesn't really like it when I drink, but one little glass won't hurt," She told him, sitting back down on the couch with her legs under her butt, "and yes, I did," She laughed as she poured a bit into each of the glasses and handed Joe his own.

"Cheers," he raised his glass, "to Bohemian Rhapsody."

"To Bohemian Rhapsody." Andie repeated, clinkingng their glasses together. She then downed the glass in one glup.

-

"He- what?" Joe laughed setting his empty glass down on the coffee table. Next to the almost empty bottle of whiskey.

"He had a minibar behind his amp," Andie giggled, her cheeks flushed from her inebriated state. "He would have the roadies make him drinks throughout the show."

Joe laughed again, placing his hand on Andie's knee as he leaned forward. "He must have been trashed every night."

"He was!" Andie shouted, "ask Roger about it! It was god awful." Andie locked eyes with Joe for a moment, leaning over to put her head on his shoulder, "Can I ask you something?" She asked him, her eyes focused on the wall across from them.

He was wanting to jokingly comment about how she already did, but he decided against it, the shift in her tone of voice told him not to, "Sure," he said before leaning his head on her own, he wouldn't have done this if he was sober, but his drunken state ran confidence through him.

"Do you think I'm a good fiancée? To Jefferson?" She asked him, he could tell that she was about to cry, "it's just sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough," that broke the dam, he felt her tears soak into the fabric of his T-shirt.

"Andie you're a great fiancée, any guy would be lucky to have you," Joe slurred, rubbing her arm, "You know what? We should go out, all this bass playing and we haven't even scoped out the city."

"You're right," Andie huffed, "Joe you're brilliant, let's go get Gwilym and tear up the
town!"

-

-

"What was I singing?" Andie asked Gwilym with a smile as she posted the photos.

Gwilym sighed, his hand on his temple, "Somehow we got on the topic of New York, so you started belting out Sinatra in the middle of the Chinese restaurant. You almost got us kicked out."

"Start spreading the news~," Joe sang jokingly as Andie shoved his shoulder.

"Hey, at least she didn't try to climb on top of the table!" Gwilym told Joe and Andie giggled, "and Andie, have you been working on the choreography for that or did you just make it up on the fly?"

"I'll have you know Gwil, that I took dance classes when I was little and that was a routine," Andie stood from the couch in Joe's apartment, where they all spent the night, "Now I'm in need of a good shower. I bid you, boys, adieu," she walked towards the door opening it, and then turning around, "I want to be a part of it~" she did a little kick and then left the room singing "New York, New York!" along the way.

With that, Andie was heading down to her apartment. Gwilym turned to Joe, "Have you told her yet?"

"Hmm, when do you think a good time would be to tell someone that their fiancé is sending you death threats," Joe narrowed his eyes, "No, I haven't."

"I'm genuinely terrified for her," Gwilym sighed, "what if he tries something-"

Joe cut him off, "We're not gonna let that happen, I swear to god."

"We can't just leave her oblivious," Gwil shook his head.

"Have you seen the way she looks at him? She's head over heels, she wouldn't believe us even if we showed her the messages ourselves.

Gwilym slouched down into the couch, concern filling his face, "Well, we've got to do something."

"I know," Joe sighed, "I know."

-
Y'all got a big storm coming.

I'm currently on the verge of sleep writing this so pardon any mistakes.