xxx. mistakes

"I don't know what to do," Andrea exclaimed before falling face down onto the couch

"You be an adult and tell him how you feel, Jesus," Tom said, grabbing the wine bottle that sat on Andie's coffee table and pouring himself another glass, "I know for a fact that he feels the same way."

"No, he doesn't," She told him, her voice muffled by the couch. Turning her head to face him she furrowed her brow, "He always says he's my friend."

"Well, whenever he calls you his friend, do you call him that first?" Tom raised an eyebrow before taking a sip.

Andie thought a moment, her brows furrowed in concentration before lifting in shock, "Holy shit."

"Mhm," Tom nodded, "Just as I thought."

Andrea stood from her position on the couch, bringing her hands to each side of her head, "Oh my god! I've been friend-zoning him this entire time!" She gaped. Just because she was so oblivious to it herself.

"It's obvious that he likes you, and I've only seen him a handful of times," Tom shook his head, "Just tell him how you feel."

Andie widened her eyes, "Tom, I'm not like you. I can't just walk up to someone and tell them I like them."

Tom narrowed his eyes at her, "And why not?"

"Because I'm awkward!" She exclaimed, lifting her arms in the air in frustration.

"Then give it some time," Tom chuckled, "Honestly, Andie, it's hard to believe your thirty sometimes. Just think about what you're going to say to him, and whenever you feel like your ready, tell him."

Andie sat back down, wondering what she was going to do. There was only one person she wanted to see.

-

Joe was in his apartment when he got a call. His brows furrowed as he looked down at his phone to see who was calling, and when he did he instantly answered, "And you're calling me at nine o'clock because..." He trailed off, smiling to himself.

"Let's go do something, I can introduce you to the English nightlife," Andie's excited voice came from the other end of the line.

"I was just about to get to bed," Joe chuckled.

"Oh, you're not getting old on me are you?"

Joe let out a laugh, he put his phone on speaker before beginning to change out of his pajamas, "We're the same age, remember?"

"Ah yes, both physically and mentally," Andie said and Joe shook his head, "So why aren't we out right now?"

"I'm getting changed, I'll be over in a few," He told her.

"Okay, see you in a bit, Joey!" The woman shouted into the phone before hanging up. Joe chuckled and shook his head. A pang rippled through his heart as he brushed away his thoughts, she only sees him as a friend. If that was the case, he was going to be the best damn friend she had.

-

joe_mazzello: One bottle down, many more to go

joe_mazzello: One bottle down, many more to go. #themisadventuresofandieandjoe
-

Sitting by each other's side, a little too close, Andie and Joe laughed at something the latter had said. Both of them on the edge of tipsy, just about to spill over into drunken territory.

"I've got to ask," Andie said after taking a sip of her drink, "Because it's been on my mind for ages. When you walked in that studio room with that cup of tea in your hand, what was your first impression of me?"

'That you were beautiful.' Joe thought, swallowing hard, he was quick on his feet to make something up, "I thought you were nice and incredibly humble- which you are. I also liked the way you presented yourself. I knew immediately that I wanted to be close to you," The blonde smiled softly, visually pleased with that answer, "Now, what did you think about me?"

"Well, I was dying of exhaustion from the flight, and when you came in with that cup of tea I thought you must've descended from the heavens, obviously," Andie chuckled to herself, "I thought that you were funny and kind..." she trailed off a moment looking at the drink in front of her, "and attractive."

Joe's heart seemed to stop altogether as the woman looked at him shyly. He could suddenly sense how close the two of them actually were.

He didn't know how it happened, but their lips were together and they were stumbling out of the club. A cab was quickly hailed, and the two were clinging to each other as the cabbie drove them to Andrea's home.

As the woman unlocked her front door, Joe held her from behind, pressing quick kisses to the crook of her neck. Andie fumbled with her keys, her hands shaking with anticipation.

As soon as the key was in the lock the door was flung open, and as it closed she was quickly pressed up against it. Silent whimpers escaped her throat as Joe nipped at her neck. "Joe," Andie said through labored breaths, "The bedroom, please."

Breaking away from her, Joe put his hands on her shoulders, looking her in the eye, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Andie simply answered him with a kiss, and suddenly the blonde was being tossed over Joe's shoulder, gasping and giggling in surprise, and being carried to the bedroom.

Tossing her lightly onto the bed, Joe sighed in contempt as he saw the sight in front of him, "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do this," he told her before joining her in the bed.

"Then show me."

-

Waking up with a pounding headache wasn't how Andie wanted to spend her morning. And waking up naked... alone.

The memories of the night before hit her like a truck. Her eyes widened as one memory stood out from the others.

Both of them were coming down from their highs, just holding each other. Joe brushed a strand of Andie's hair behind her ear, looking at her softly, "God, I love you."

Andie remembered being shocked, and her anxiety suddenly going through the roof. She shouldn't have said it, she wasn't even thinking. She remembered his face going from shock to heartbreak, and from heartbreak to anger.

Who knew four words could shatter her entire world in an instant?

"This was a mistake."