xvi. doing alright

"Thank you guys so much, you didn't have to come

"Thank you guys so much, you didn't have to come." Andie pulled the two blondes in front of her into hugs.

"You're lucky I'm here," Tiger Lily pointed, holding one of Andie's bags, "I rarely wake up before eleven."

"I mean what kind of cousins would we be?" Rufus grinned, "Now, is it bad to say that I'm actually hoping this guy comes around? I want to kick his ass."

Tiger Lily let out a laugh and Andie shifted nervously on her feet. She hoped Jefferson wouldn't show. He could fall off the edge of the earth for all she cared, as long as he wasn't anywhere near her. She felt her phone buzz in her pocket, she adjusted the bags in her hands and fished it out. Seeing the photo of Joe on her screen she instantly accepted the FaceTime call.

His smiling face appeared on the screen, "Hey, just wanted to see if you made it okay."

Andie smiled, Joe really did care about her, "Yeah, I'm at the airport with Rufus and Tiger Lily. We're gonna go to my house and meet Luke," She angled the camera so the two Taylor children were in frame. They both made a face at the camera, "We just got my bags and we're ready to roll."

She groaned when she walked out the sliding glass doors, "What?" Joe asked, and amused smile on his face.

"It's raining," The woman pouted. The rain was pouring steadily down on the pavement in front of them, "If there was one thing I didn't miss, it would be the rain."

"Well, hey, at least your city isn't in a drought like LA," Joe shrugged as Tiger Lily opened her umbrella.

"London couldn't be in a drought if it tried," the blonde girl quipped.

"I'd gladly trade them weather for a day," Andie smiled.

"You two stay here with the luggage, I'll bring the car round," Rufus told them before jogging out into the rain.

The two women huddled underneath the umbrella, "Well, Joe, this is my cousin Tiger Lily," She introduced them.

"Nice to meet you," Joe gave a wave.

"You too," She smiled, then gave Andie a look.

The brunette didn't notice it and squinted at her phone, "Where are you, and why is it so dark?"

"I'm in bed," He chuckled, "It's three in the morning."

Andie gasped, "Joe! You stayed up till three in the morning so you could call me?"

"No, I went to sleep and then woke up at three in the morning so I could call you." He smiled cheekily.

"You are unbelievable," she chuckled shaking her head, "Go to sleep!"

"Fine, but only if you text me and tell me if everything's okay at your house," Joe pointed at the camera.

"I will," Andie smiled.

_

andrea_deacon: I'm happy at home

andrea_deacon: I'm happy at home. 💫

Liked by joe_mazzello, brianmayforreal, rogertaylorofficial, and 4,219 others.

_

rogertaylorofficial: Why'd you have to use that lyric?
         andrea_deacon: Because I don't own a car to be in love with. :(

-

joe_mazzello: Visual proof that I'm practicing @andrea_deacon

Liked by mrgwilymlee, andrea_deacon, benhardy1, and 5,026 others.