vii. dinner party disaster

Jefferson and Andie lay on the sofa, she sat between his legs with her laptop in her lap

Jefferson and Andie lay on the sofa, she sat between his legs with her laptop in her lap. Jefferson was reading a book, mindlessly rubbing small circles into her back as he read. She was looking up interview footage of her father. She told Joe that they'd look at concert footage, but Andie figured they'd better work on his accent first.

There was a knock on the door and Andie scooter herself out from between Jefferson's legs, "That's Joe," she told him.

"Alright," he said, moving his feet to the floor so there would be more room on the couch.

Andie opened the door, seeing a smiling Joe on the other side, "Hey," she greeted him, "come in!"

"Thanks again for doing this," Joe sent an awkward wave to Jefferson, who lifted his hand from his book for a moment, but he didn't stop reading. He then looked back to Andie, who was wearing more comfortable clothes instead of something vintage, he smiled seeing her like this.

Andie grabbed her laptop from the coffee table, plugging it into the tv. "I know I said we'd be watching concert footage, but I lied." She giggled before asking him, "Let me hear your accent."

Joe gave her a nervous look before trying his best at her's and her father's accent, "Hello, Andie, it's nice to see you this morning."

Surprisingly he wasn't that bad, he just had to tweak the pitch and intonation in some words, "Not bad, Mazzello. She grabbed the wireless mouse from the coffee table and sat down on the couch next to Jefferson. He got up a few seconds after she sat down.

"I'm heading to the store to get things for the dinner party tonight," Jefferson said placing his book down on the table, "don't throw a rager while I'm gone." He pointed at Andie jokingly before grabbing his wallet off the counter, giving her a quick peck, and heading out the door.

"Dinner party?" Joe asked her and Andie's eyes lit up.

"Oh, yes!" She smiled, "I was going to text you all about it last night, but I realized I didn't have any of your numbers! It's here at seven, please text Ben, Gwilym, and Rami about it."

"Of course," Joe told her, pulling out his phone and bringing up the group chat he and the other guys were in. "Here what's your number, I'll put you in our groupchat and you can tell them yourself," He smiled.

Andie gave him her number and he quickly typed it in, adding her to the chat. Andie grabbed her phone and sent the chat a text.

Hey guys! It's Andie.
I just want you to know that Jefferson and I are hosting a dinner party tonight and you're all invited. It would mean a lot to me if you came. 😊