xxxiii. apologies

"What do I do?" Joe shouted to his friends, panicking

Rami's eyes were wide as he pointed to the door, "Not slamming the door in her face and apologizing would've been a good start!"

Ben was still shouting expletives as Gwilym's mouth was still in shock, "Go in the other room!" Joe ordered them.

"You just slammed the bloody door in her face!" Ben shouted, "She's sure going to take that well."

"Go!" Joe shouted as he began to push them all out of the room. He tried to compose himself as he walked towards the front door. He let out a deep breath before opening it, seeing Andie staring out towards the city from the railing. She was soaking wet, her back facing the door, but Joe could tell she was crying now.

She turned quickly when she realized the door was opening again, seeing Joe's apologetic face in the doorway.

"Come in, please," Joe exhaled sharply as his hand touched her arm, she was cold to the touch, "Andie, Jesus, you're freezing."

"I'm sorry Joe," Andie apologized, wiping away her tears as she was lead to the couch, "I really shouldn't have said that what we did was a mistake. I didn't mean it I swear."

"I know you didn't," Joe told her, staring into her glossy eyes, "Deacon, I know this is tough for you," the woman suddenly relaxed at the use of the nickname, the usage of it assuring her that everything was alright.

"I was scared, Joe," She frowned, "But I'm not anymore, I'm not going to let him affect me any longer," she told him, not daring to speak Jefferson's name.

"If it's time you need, I'll wait. Jesus, I'd wait forever for you if you wanted me too," Joe told her, grabbing her hands in his.

Andie shook her head, "I don't want you to wait, hell I don't want to wait," she swallowed, "Joe we've been friends for too long, I mean you're still my best friend, but I..." she stopped herself for a moment, "This is sounding way too cheesy, right now," she giggled to herself, "Usually it's you pulling this shit, I guess you've rubbed off on me."

Joe laughed along with her, overjoyed at what was being unraveled, "Joe, I want to be more than friends."

"Do you know what I was about to do when you knocked on the door? I was about to go to your house and apologize," Joe grinned, "Tell me what you told me outside, and I'll react the proper way this time."

"Joe Mazzello," Andie smiled, "I love you."

His hands were instantly on either side of her face as his lips crashed into hers. The kiss only lasted a moment, but it was enough to leave the two of them breathless. Joe leaned his forehead against her's, "God, say it again," the smile never seemed to leave his face as Andie repeatedly told him she loved him. Her receiving a kiss each time the three words were uttered.

The two were suddenly interrupted by Ben shouting, "Can we please leave before you two start banging on the couch?"

"We're not gonna bang on the couch," Andie yelled back with an over-exaggerated sigh, "We're gonna do it in the bedroom, have some class, Benjamin!" She shouted in false annoyance before giggling.

-

joe_mazzello: "Do you think this is subtle enough to announce our relationship?" "Yeah

"Yeah."

-

andrea_deacon: Found this dude on the street, he keeps calling himself my boyfriend and I don't know what that's about 🤷🏻‍♀️ He keeps stealing my food tho