iv. message man

"Look at her, she's just like John," Roger said, gesturing to a blushing Andie

"Look at her, she's just like John," Roger said, gesturing to a blushing Andie. "I mean she looks just like her mother, but when she smiles all I can see is John."

Bashfully biting her lip, Andie waved away his words, "Can we stop talking about me?"

Brian chuckled, "That was a very John thing she just did right there. Take notes Joe."

As they joked around, Andie felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, again. Jefferson messaged her eight times throughout the hour long meeting. "Looks like someone really needs to get ahold of you." Joe had whispered to her during the meeting, making her blush.

"It's my fiancé," she sighed, whispering back, "I told him I couldn't talk."

"Who's buzzing you now?" Roger asked, bringing her back to the preset. "I swear that was all I heard during the meeting!"

"It's Jefferson," Andie sighed, "I don't know what is up with him. Maybe he's just nervous about me being in California." An immature thought ran through her head, as she pulled the camera up on her phone, "Let's take a picture of all of us together."

The group of men huddled up behind her shoulder, "Make an annoyed face," she told them as she playfully stuck her tongue out at the camera.

She snapped the photo and quickly sent it to Jefferson, these are all the people you've annoyed today with your incessant text messaging. She quickly added, I'm just kidding this is the cast!

"Where is your fiancé anyway?" Rami asked after taking a sip of his water.

"He's at the apartment I rented," Andie replied while texting Jefferson back. He was excited to meet them.

"Wait, so he's in California?" Joe questioned and watched while Andie nodded, "I mean I'd understand if he was in England, but he's here with you."

I'm sorry for texting you so much, I just worry about you. Jefferson replied, I just love you too much, I don't want anything to happen.

"He just worries about me," Andie told Joe reassuringly, "I don't get out much."

It's okay I'll be home soon, she told Jefferson, just to try to put him at bay for a while.

"Oh!," Brian exclaimed suddenly, halting the conversation that was happening, "Andie your bass is here."

Her head instantly snapped up from her phone, "Where is she? Oh I hope she didn't get hurt in transit, " she told Roger in worry as Brian left the room, "I wrote on the box Fragile, maybe a hundred times."

She gasped as Brian brought the said box into the room, and she wasn't kidding, the word fragile was on there in all different sizes and colors. She quickly grabbed the box from Brian's hands, dancing on her toes as she did so. She set it on one of the tables and practically ripped open the box, revealing the black Fender case inside. She pulled out the standard bass and nearly cried at the touch of it. "I haven't played this in so long, you guys have no idea."

She didn't even know Brian had grabbed the box with her amp in it until it was set in front of her. "Play something for us," Brian smiled as he handed her the end of the amp cord.

"Oh, I hope my muscle memory is good," Andie giggled as she pullled the strap of the bass over her head, "What should I play?"

"Another One Bites the Dust," Joe said immediately, "I'll have to learn that one, along with almost every other song."

"That one is fairly easy," Andie said to him, almost like she was telling herself that as well. She strummed a few practice notes to make sure it was in tune and before playing she paused, "remember I'm a bassist not a singer," she smiled before her brow furrowed in concentration.

The rhythm came naturally as she began to play, since she had been playing the bass since she was seven. The tabs were permanently engrained in her mind, she couldn't forget them if she tried. She could help the tap of her foot and the slight bobbing of her head. "Steve walks warily down the street with the brim pulled way down low. Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet, machine guns ready to go," she sung softly, as if she didn't want them to hear her.

She felt her body move as the rhythms changed and went along with the words she was singing, "Are you ready, hey, are you ready for this? Are you hanging on the edge of your seat? Out of the doorway the bullets rip to the sound of the beat," She was completely lost in the music without realizing it.

She finished the chorus off and looked up shyly, hearing the applause from the men in the room. "Why doesn't she go on tour with us?" Roger asked Brian, he was completely baffled.

"I'm a bit rusty," Andie smiled shyly, rubbing the back of her neck.

"If That was rusty I can't wait to see the end of the next three months," Joe chuckled.