Why Him?

Narrator's POV

Days had gone by since Peter had come out to his guardians. He was more open now, not as shy about it...well to those who knew. Not everyone knew yet, just Tony and Stephen and Ned.

He gathered all his pride and took in a deep breath as he walked into the dining room. He sat in one of the tall egg shaped stools at the counter. Tony was helping Stephen make dinner. They were chopping some vegetables up. Stephen always wanted to keep the family on a healthy and nutritious diet. Tony on the other hand, didn't really care all that much. His favorite food has always been cheeseburgers, but he doesn't have them all the frequently due to his health obsessed boyfriend. Every now and then he'd sneak one. That wasn't the point though.

"Afternoon." Stephen said, chopping away at vegetables. Another pair of arms was taking care of the flaming pan he had on the stove. And another pair mixing something in a bowl. "Tony let me help you with that."

"Not a chance, you've already shown off enough." Tony said covering his area and pointing at Stephen's arms with his knife.

"Whoa, Mr. Stark." Peter gave a nervous laugh. His guardians laughed along with him. "No seriously, that's dangerous."

"Right." Tony said, putting the knife away and emptying the chopped mess he'd made into a strainer to wash in the sink.

"So what'd you come in here to ask?" Stephen questioned Peter.

"Oh right." He had a plan. "So how'd you and Mr. Stark meet, Dr. Strange?"

"Well..." Stephen looked up from the chopping board. "How do I put it?" He said thinking for a bit.

"I saved his magical ass." Tony said. Stephen laughed.

"Oh yes. We were in the middle of battle. I say we, I mean Tony and his whole Avengers team were battling some outside space force." Stephen made little figurines with his magic and displayed the scenery he was getting ready to describe. "I sensed their urgency. This enemy was too powerful for them to defeat on their own. So I came to help them out."

"Psh." Tony finished cleaning the vegetables and brought it to the table Stephen was currently chopping at. "Yeah, until he was knocked out by flying rock he, himself, had thrown at the enemy." Tony explained.

"Technically the enemy threw it back after I had hit him, and I was too busy saving Steve from a car that was currently crushing him." Stephen said that in a low tone.

"Still jealous huh?" Asked Tony.

"Whoa. Dr. Strange, jealous?" Asked Peter. "What's all that about?"

"It's a funny story really." Tony laughed. "You see, I've always been bisexual."

"Bisexual?" Peter looked at Tony.

"Meaning I like both men and women." He said. "Steve is also bisexual. Don't tell anyone." He said seriously. "Him and I both had a thing going." He explained. "But then Barnes came into the picture. Cap ended it after he realized he had feelings for his old battle friend." Tony seemed a little hurt. Stephen placed a hand on his shoulder. Tony smiled at the trembling sensation on his shoulder and placed his hand over it. "But then out of nowhere this magical wizard, who happens to be gay, just shows up and decides to play maiden in distress." He laughed. "I was a fool for him. I completely fell under his spell." He looked at Stephen, taking him by the hips and drawing him close. "There was something so charming about him." He said leaning closer to Stephen. "Till this day I still wonder if he put me under a spell or something."

Stephen rolled his eyes. "I would never be cruel enough to put someone on a spell to trick them into falling in love." Stephen smiled.

"It's called a joke." Tony gave him a quick peck on the lips.