Jealousy

Narrator's POV

"By dad." Peter hugged Stephen goodbye. He ran over to the door with his sack lunch. "By Iron Dad." Peter said and rushed out the door.

"Hm." Tony said.

Stephen was at the sink, cleaning the utensils he'd use to make Peter's lunch.

"Do you think Peter is acting a little weird?" Ton asked aloud.

"What do you mean?" Asked Stephen, drying his hands with the kitchen towel.

"Don't you think it's weird that he goes to you more than he does to me? Like, he used to come to me and tell me everything; and now he's telling you everything. He's been spending a lot more time with you. He hasn't been to his lab in weeks."

"Lab?" Asked Stephen.

"I think he's got favorites. I think he likes you way better than me. But I was his favorite parent, why did he all of a sudden make you his favorite?" Tony asked aloud. "Don't you think that's weird?"

"Wait, what makes you think I'm not enough to be Peter's favorite?" Stephen asked, a little offended.

"So you admit to being his favorite." Tony said.

"You're putting words in my mouth." Stephen was offended.

"Oh please Stephen. We both know you are." Tony rolled his eyes, as if the wizard didn't know this already.

"He doesn't favor one of us over the other." Stephen said. "There's enough room for both of us."

"Oh yeah. Like he doesn't tell you things he doesn't want me to know." Tony said.

"Tony what the hell?" Stephen threw the towel on the counter. "I told you to take down those cameras. I thought you said you'd give him his space."

"Oh there you go making me that bad guy." Tony turned to Stephen.

"I am not."

"You think just because you have all these problems with you and your stupid shaking hands, that makes you closer to him." Tony said, shaking his hands, mocking Stephen's. "You think just because you're the master of the mystic arts, you have the right to dig into his feelings and get what you want out of him."

"I do not manipulate him into telling me his feelings Tony. He comes to me because his father is a selfish, self obsessed douchebag." Stephen snapped back at Tony.

"Tell me, what else do you do other than make balloon animals?" Tony asked.

Stephen was hurt. "Wow, Stark. This is extremely childish, even for you." Stephen, opened a portal. He stepped into it, closing it behind him.

"Oh, leave me. Yeah, you do that. What a happened to "till death do us a part?"" A smaller portal opened in front of Tony's face, and something hit him in the face, hitting the ground with a cling sound. Tony looked down at it. It was Stephen's wedding ring.

///0///0

"Dads I'm home." Peter came through the front door. His vibe died down after not receiving a "welcome home" from one of his dads. He set his backpack down by the door.

"Iron Dad?" He asked. The house was very quiet. "Doctor Dad?" He looked in the kitchen, it was empty. He went down to Tony's lab, it was empty also. He went up to his dads' room. It was empty too. "Hello?" He asked. He still didn't receive anything. "Friday."

Yes Peter?

"Where are Mr. Stark and Dr. Strange?" He asked.

Master Stark is in the lounge in the third floor. Master Strange has-

"Oh no." Peter rushed over to the stairs and raced all the way up to the lounge. "Dad! Dad!" Peter yelped. He finally reached the lounge. Tony was standing behind the counter of the small bar. He was pouring himself a glass of golden liquid. "Dad, hey."

"Hey kid." Tony drank the glass he had just poured and continued over to the bottle. He drank from it.

"What are you doing up here?" Asked Peter.

"Relieving stress." Tony said, putting the now empty bottle of the counter and grabbing another.

"Oh. May I ask from what?" Peter asked.

"Living." He answered.

"Oh." Peter looked around. "Where's Doctor Dad?"

"Don't know. Don't care." Tony began drinking from the other bottle.

"Uh, aren't you suppose to care?" Asked Peter. Tony only continued to drink from the bottle. Peter was getting a little worried. "Friday, where Dr. Strange?"

I do not have his location Peter. He left the house eight hours ago and hasn't been back since.

"Oh." Peter looked over at Tony. "Did you two have a fight?"

"Why don't you shut up kid? Don't you see I'm busy?" Tony asked, drunk.

Master Strange has come back.

"Doctor Dad." Peter called him from the lounge.

Stephen appeared in the room from a portal. "Yes Peter-" He stopped when he noticed Tony. "Peter I'd like you to go down stairs please." Stephen said. Peter listened and did as he was told. "Tony why? What kind of example is this? You think turning to alcohol is a way to escape your-"

"Shut up!" Tony threw a bottle at Stephen. "Just shut up!"

Peter was siting at the bottom of the staircase, he heard the glass shattering. He covered his ears, trying his best to mute the yells and cries coming from his dads. Levi sat on his shoulders, comforting him.

///0///0

"You've got everything?" Stephen asked Peter, who was coming down the staircase with a suitcase. "Your toothbrush?" Peter walked next to Stephen and nodded. Tony stood in front of them, staring at them. He reached for Peter. Stephen placed his hands on Peter's shoulders, making sure he'd be able to protect him from anything the drunken scientist would try. Peter was a little scared. He had never seen his father like this before.

"I'm sorry, Peter. I didn't mean to scare you. I-"

"It's okay dad. I know." Peter gave Tony a soft smile with tears running down his cheeks.

"Peter will be spending the next couple of nights with me until you decide to fix yourself Tony." Stephen said, opening the door. "Come on Peter." Peter stepped out the door.

"I'm sorry Stephen." Tony apologized. "Please don't go. Please."

Stephen was on the verge of crying. He had to be strong. "I hope this was worth the trouble." Stephen shut the door.