The "D" Word

Narrator's POV

"Urgh, Peter! Quit cheating!" Wade groaned as Peter kept beating him up in the game they were currently playing.

"Wade, it's called a power up." Peter laughed.

"I thought we agreed that power ups were off limits." Wade said.

"Did we?"

"Hey! Come on." Wade said, throwing his hands up in the air as he had just been defeated.

"Sorry, not sorry." Peter gave him an evil smile.

"Again. But this time, no power ups." Wade gave Peter a glare.

"You're on." Peter started a new game.

There was fast clicking bounced off the walls. Stephen walked by the door.

"Hello boys." He smiled.

"Oh, hi Dr. Strange." Peter said with his eyes glued to the screen.

"It's a nice day out." Stephen said leaning against the doorway.

"Uh-huh." Wade responded.

"Wouldn't you rather be outside in the sun, taking advantage of the wonderful outdoors?" Stephen asked. There was no answer from Peter and Wade. "Hm." Stephen groaned. He waved his hand and the console unplugged itself from the wall.

"Dr. Strange!" Peter groaned and threw his hands up.

"What? You guys need to go outside like normal children. It's not healthy for you to be playing games inside all day. You're at least suppose to be outside for an hour a day." He explained.

"Mr. Strange-" Wade started, but stopped when he saw Stephen raise an eyebrow. "Uh...I mean, Dr. Strange with all your respect, we're not seven years old anymore."

"Yeah Dr. Strange." Peter answered.

Dr. Strange crossed his arms.

///0///0

"Did I ever tell you about the slug in eighth grade?" Peter asked Wade. They were both sitting in a swing set outside in the backyard. The sun was shining brightly, and the birds sang beautifully.

"No." Wade answered, looking down at his shoes as he slowly swayed back and forth.

"Oh. Well in eighth grade, I was hanging out with a couple of friends, yeah I know. It's hard to believe I had friends." He joked. "Anyway, so we're all playing basket ball until two of my friends went over to a tree. They found a hole in it and said there was something in it. We all went over to them and gathered around. Turns out there was a slug in there. One of my other friends remembered I had said earlier that I had never lost a dare. So she dared me to eat it, BUT!" He exclaimed. "They decided to go get some salt to pour on it, and they did. We watched it's inside come out. It was so gross." Peter wriggled in his swing.

"So did you eat it?" Asked Wade.

"I had a reputation to protect." Peter said.

"Gross, Peter!" Wade laughed and pushed Peter out of his swing. Peter laughed.

"I was in eighth grade."

Wade got up and stretched his arm out to help Peter up, but Peter only pulled him down to the ground. Wade landed on top of him.

"Wow, you're strong." Wade said, only inches apart from Peter's face.

"I am Spider-Man." Peter said smiling. Wade leaned closer for a kiss, but Peter only shot webbing on his lips. "I don't think so Wade."