A Nightmare Come True

Narrator's POV

Dark.

Cold.

Silent.

Lost.

Those things surrounded Peter. That's all he could feel. He was lost, scared. He floated in this dark empty space. It was cold and so empty. Nothing but fear filled his head. He couldn't move. His arms and legs felt so heavy. He opened his mouth to form words and speak, but no sound came out. He was voiceless. Tears filled his eyes. He couldn't do anything, he was so defenseless. He felt weak and limp and numb. He didn't want to let this overwhelming feeling tear him down, but he was so tempted to give up. He was so tempted to let tears run down his face and accept this darkness he had fallen into. Sweet defeat and release were within grasp. He felt pain, sorrow, hurt. His heart ached. He wanted to scream, he wanted to let everything out. He wanted to give into this dark void that surrounded him for ever.

He was crying now, tears leaving his eyes and floating out in front of him. He screamed, no sound coming out. Yelling for help, for anyone. He was panicking. His body trembled, he was so scared. He kept yelling and yelling for help. He tried to move, but he wasn't able to.

He eventually let his head fall and gave into this empty space. He sobbed quietly, letting tears run down his face. His quiet sobs went unheard. He mouthed the words "I'm sorry" many many times.

A ringing settled in his ears. It grew louder and louder. He kept sobbing only letting the ringing dominate him. There was a small white light in this empty darkness. He didn't even bother to look up, he felt so defeated. He had lost all hope.

///0///0

There was a gentle knock on a door. Hurried footsteps came to the door. It came open.

"Tony..." Wade stood at the doorway in his suit. His head hung low, and his tone was sad. He had Peter is his arms. His body was limp and cold. "I'm so sorry." Peter's suit was torn, scratches and cuts covered his body. He was covered in blood.

"Stephen!" Tony yelled. Quick footsteps hurried to the door. Stephen soon appeared next to Tony. He felt Peter's forehead, then moved onto his wrist and applied pressure. His eyes widen.

"We need to get him to a hospital. NOW." Stephen said.

Wade's head perked up. "What?" Wade asked. "But I took his pulse, and there wasn't any." Wade said.

Stephen opened a portal to a hospital. "Help! I need medical assistance now!" He ran over to a nurse and grabbed her by the shoulders. "I need a doctor. Please." The nurse was frightened. "Someone! Christine!" He yelped.

"Stephen?" She turned the corner, catching Stephen. Tony stood by Wade's side with Peter in his arms. "Oh my god..."

"Please Christine. It's an emergency. I need medical assistance. My son is dying." He said, he was panicking. His adrenaline shot through the roof. His heart raced. His face was pale.

"Calm down. Stephen calm yourself." She said, taking him by the arms. "Someone get that boy a gurney!" People hurried over to Wade, examining Peter. They checked his eyes.

"His pupils are dilated!" A nurse said.

A gurney quickly made its way to Peter. Wade placed him down on it, and Peter was taken away.