Out for Dinner

Narrator's POV

Tony looked over at Stephen as he tied his bow tie. The doctor was putting on some black gloves over his hands, but had something in his hand. He went over to his shoulder, approaching carefully. "What's that?"

"Ah!" Stephen gasped, jumping a little. He turned around, hiding his hands behind his back. "Tony. You scared me." He said, sighing in relief shortly after.

"Hey Stephen, whatcha got there ?" Tony asked, trying to peek over the doctor's shoulder.

Stephen blushed a little. "Oh that's n-nothing." He said.

"Stephen it's obviously something if you're hiding it behind your back and growing nervous." Tony said.

"Psh, how would you know?" Stephen rolled his eyes, giving a nervous smile.

"Stephen trust me. I'm the pro when it comes to making it obvious I'm hiding stuff." Tony said, reaching for the doctor's arm.

"Tony wait-"

Tony pulled the thing out of Stephen's hand. He looked back at Stephen. "I can't believe you still have this." Tony said, showing Stephen the red plastic ring that had a poop emoji in the middle.

"What do you mean "I still have it."?" Stephen took it from Tony. "It's the engagement ring you gave me. It's a precious memory." Stephen said, looking at the ring.

"It's  a piece of junk." Tony said. "Wouldn't you rather wear the golden one? It's much more shiny, not to mention valuable." Stephen put the plastic ring around his pinkie finger. "That one cost me fifty cents from a gumball machine." Tony said.

"Oh Tony." Stephen smiled at his husband. He went over to him. "It's the little things that matter the most." He booped Tony's nose, and walked over to the dresser. Tony stood there for a few seconds.

"Wait a minute, was that another short joke?" Tony asked. Stephen gave a small chuckle as he looked around for his mascara. "Stephen I swear-"

"You get offended so easily Tony." Stephen said opening a small bottle. "I just said that you matter the most because you're small." He said. He began to apply the makeup.

"Hmph." Tony crossed his arms and leaned against the doorway, watching Stephen standing in front of the mirror applying the make  up. "Why do you do that?" Tony asked.

"Do what?" Asked Stephen brushing his eyelashes with the small black brush.

"Why do keep your mouth open?" Tony asked.

Stephen looked down from his eye to his mouth, which was indeed opened. He closed it. "I don't." He said, going back to applying his makeup.

Tony only kept staring at him, and watched as the doctor's mouth slowly fell open again. He smiled, and let out a small snort. "Cute." He said.

Stephen closed his mouth again. "Hmph."

///0///0

"Well, there's nothing else I can really think of at the moment." Tony said looking around with Stephen holding onto his arm.

"Tony his medicine." Stephen said softly.

"Oh yeah. He has to take some pills or something." Tony said.

"Don't worry Uncle Loki, I know where they are." Peter said, sitting on the couch. He was watching tv with Oliver.

"Alright." Loki said, looking back at them. He turned back to Tony and Stephen. "Can't have dairy, right?" He asked, pointing back at Peter.