Little Bits of Hope

Narrator's POV

"Papa. Papa. Tony." Oliver said through a headset he'd gotten from one of the boxes in his father's lab. "Papa come in." He whimpered. He fell back in Tony's chair as he sat in his father's lab. He hadn't gotten anything from his him for hours now.

A hand was placed on his shoulder. "Come on Oliver. That's enough." Came Wong's voice.

"No. It can't be. It's not." Oliver said, tears formed in his eyes. He sighed and crossed his arms on the desk top and laid his head down. He began to cry.

Wong put a hand on Oliver's back and rubbed it gently, sighing. He had assumed Tony was dead. As for Stephen, he declared him dead. He hadn't gotten any of Stephen's energy readings from him in hours.

Oliver sniffled, letting his tears fall onto the glass desk top. He stopped his crying when he noticed an old box full of parts under the desk. A particular part caught his eye. He pulled the chair out from the desk and got under the desk, pulling the box out.

"What is it Oliver?" Wong asked.

"I built this device one time..." Oliver said digging things out of the box. "I thought my papa threw it away..." He pulled it out. "Ha!" He smiled. He got up. "But he didn't! Oh smart papa." He said, placing it on the table. He connected the computing system. "Friday process data."

Processing...

"What does it do exactly?" Wong asked.

"It's a reader for the arc reactor. I connected it to my papa to check on his heart, blood pressure, etc." Oliver said, typing into the computer, connecting cables here and there. "And if it still works, I should be able to see if my papa's alive. If it glows, it means he's still alive." He said. There was a beeping noise. "It works!" He jumped in happiness. The device still wasn't glowing. "Come on. Come on." Oliver waited.

"What if it disconnected because of the distance?" Wong asked.

"It can't. I made sure the range on this things could travel from dimension to dimension, and planet to planet." Oliver turned to Wong. "You never what kind of things Tony Stark will get himself into."

A blue glow caught Wong's eye. "Oliver." He pointed behind the six years old.

Oliver turned around. The device was glowing blue. He typed numbers on the keyboard. "Friday give me the stats."

Master Stark's heart rate is extremely low. It reads 93 beats per minute. Oxygen levels read 66 millimeters of mercury. Pulse oximeter reads 72.

"He's alive, but he's in bad shape." Oliver said. "I could built a..."

Oliver's voice trailed off in Wong's ears as he turned to the television. On the screen, he could see the chaos Thanos had caused. "Oliver, are you seeing this?" He asked.

"What?" He turned around. He was shocked by the news report. "Oh, no." He said. He looked back at the computer, then at the glowing device. He pulled the chair in the desk. "Don't worry papa I'm coming for you."