Shut Up Wade. It's My Job

For PaigeMcDonald944

Narrator's POV

"Okay guys. Could we table this discussion right now?" Bruce sensed the tension between the two. "The fact is we have this stone. We know where it is. Vision is out there somewhere with the Mind Stone...and we have to find him now." Bruce said. Tony crossed his arms.

"Yeah, that's the thing." He said, looking away.

"What do you mean?" Bruce asked.

"Two weeks ago, Vision turned off his transponder." Tony said. "He's offline."

"What?"

"Yeah." Tony walked past Bruce.

"Tony, you lost another super-bot?" Bruce asked, following him.

"I didn't lose him. He's more than that. He's evolving." Tony turned to Bruce.

"Who could find Vision then?" Stephen asked.

Tony's back was facing him. Tony was quiet. "Shit." He said under his breath. "Probably Steve Rogers."

"Oh, great." Stephen sighed, walking off to the side.

"Maybe." Tony said. Bruce walked up to him. "But..." Tony sighed.

"Call him." Bruce said.

"It's not that easy." Tony turned to Bruce. "God, we haven't caught up in a spell, have we?"

"No." Bruce said.

"The Avengers broke up. We're toast." Tony said.

"Broke up?" Bruce asked. "Like a band? Like... like the Beatles?" He asked.

"Cap and I fell out hard." Tony paused. "We're not on speaking terms."

Bruce looked at him. "Tony, listen to me. Thor's gone. Thanos is coming. It doesn't mater who you're talking to or not." Bruce said.

Tony was silent for a moment. He looked at Bruce, then walked a little distance away. Wong, Stephen, and Bruce all watched him carefully. "Flip phone." Tony said, pulling out his flip phone. He looked down at Steve's phone number. He scoffed. Suddenly he heard something and looked up. It began to get louder. He turned around as objects around him began rattling. He turned around to Stephen, who look just as confused as him. He saw a strand of hair moving in Stephen's face. "Say, Doc, you wouldn't happen to be moving your hair, would ya?"

"Not at the moment, no." Stephen replied.

The rumbling continued. Tony looked up at the large circular window of the Sanctum, papers flew by. Tony, Stephen, Wong, and Bruce all turned to the door as muffled screams came from outside. Figures of people running by appeared in the glass of the door.

Tony walked to the door and opened it, unleashing screams of people and cars honking. He stepped out onto the street. People were running past him, screaming. Cars were cluttered on the street, honking. Sirens wailed. He walked the direction everyone was running from. A woman tripped right in front of his feet. "You okay?" He asked as he helped her up. A car suddenly hit a pole right in front of them. She yelled and pulled away from Tony, running away. "Help him!" Tony told Wong and Bruce as they followed him.

"Banner!" Wong called.

"Wong! Look alive!" Tony said.

"Go, go! We got it!" Banner told Tony.

Tony put his glasses on walked around the corner of the street. "Friday what am I looking at?"

Not sure. I'm working on it.

Tony turned around to Stephen. "Hey! You might wanna put that Time Stone in your back pocket, Doc!" Tony ran.

"Might wanna use it." Stephen said, summoning some magic.

Tony looked around the corner. A red flag swooshed by. He stepped out onto the street, Stephen followed closely behind. Papers and leaves flew everywhere. They looked up into the sky to see a large metal ship floating above the city. It was a large circular mass, buzzing.

///0///0

Peter was quietly reading in the bus when his spidey sense alarmed him, he looked up. He saw the large circular ship to his right. He looked around the bus, and reached for Ned in front of him. He tapped him.

"Ned, hey." Ned turned to him, unplugging his earbuds. "I need you to cause a distraction." He said.

"Holy shit." Ned was blown away by the sight of the space ship. "We're all gonna die!" He yelled. He got up, everyone in the bus looked at him. "There's a space ship!" He headed for the back of the bus, everyone gathered around him.

"What's going on?" A boy asked. Student began to ramble.

"Oh my god!" Ned yelled.

Peter took this as an opportunity to put on his web shooters and open one of the bus's emergency exits, grabbed his backpack and jumped out. He stuck to the side of the bus.

"What's the matter with you kids?" Asked the bus driver. "You've never seen a space ship before?"

Peter, still sticking the bus, put on his mask. He grabbed his bag from inside the bus and jumped. He fell under the bridge as the bus was driving on, shot some webbing onto the structure and swung over the water below the bridge, heading toward the huge circular ship.

He swung by a tall building, only to have something heavy fall on him; forcing him to fall onto the roof a building.

"Urgh, what the heck?" He looked up. "Wade?"

"Hey, why'd you leave the bus in such a hu-" Wade looked up and the large ship. "Holy shit." He gasped.

"Yeah." Peter got up and dusted himself off. He shot webbing at building. Wade threw a blade at the webbing, cutting it. "Hey. Wade I don't have time for your games."

"Petey this isn't a game. That's not something you want to go and fight against." Wade said pointing at the ship.

"Wade, it's attacking the city. I can't ignore it. The city is in danger." Peter said, turning away from Wade.

Wade took his hand and pulled him back.

"Wade I-" Peter stopped and looked back at Wade. He could see fear in his eyes.

"Peter please. I'm begging you." He spoke softly. "I don't want to lose you."

Peter sighed. "Wade..." He stepped closer to Wade and hugged him tightly. "I promised that I'd always protect this city with my life to keep everyone safe, even the ones I love." He kissed Wade's cheek. He pulled away, holding both of Wade's hands in his. He smiled at Wade. "That's why I have to go." He pulled out one of Wade's katanas and cut Wade's hands. He jumped off the building, swinging away.

Wade let his head fall, sighing.