Chapter 01: The Superiors Had Come

New calendar year 2020, early July:

Inside the dark room, only a pale yellow table lamp remained.

The night wind slowly brushed through the window curtains and due to its deathly stillness, this dimly lit room seemed to be uninhabited.

Creak.

The tightly closed door was pushed open by a person.

Lights refracted, and a pair of shiny military boots walked past on the decade-old floor.

The man in the doorway stood in front of the mirror and borrowing the speck of light, he took off the coat that was drenched with sweat.

One piece after another was taken off. Finally, there's only a seemingly bizarre white strip wrapped around the chest.

Xiao Jing: The fourth son of Xiao Family, one of the three major families in the empire. His mother is the third madame of Great Marshal Xiao.

For many generations, the Xiao Family had produced five marshals and a certain number of generals. Their family's biggest undertaking is commanding one-quarter of the empire's army.

Even with such a mighty background, there would still be unspoken rumors lurking in the dark, and that is: The Xiao household does not have a daughter!

Indeed, the Xiao household can only have generals, and only a general!

Xiao Jing smiled bitterly and removed the white strip that's wrapped around the chest, and the nerves that had been strained for a day were gradually relieved.

Previously, the chest that was slightly flat, at this moment, has a bit of a faint arc. Wait, this person is a woman?

Xiao Jing's mouth can not help but let out a bitter laugh. Before entering the military, she especially remembered what her mother repeatedly implored her: "Xiao Jing, mother does not expect you to build a career. It would be fine so long as you can survive these five years without mishap. Anyhow, you must remember that you are not a man."

Right. How could she possibly forget that she is not a real man?

"Xiao Jing, I know that you're angry and you're blaming me, but mother has no other way. In the eyes of the Old Madame, she will only recognize her grandson!"

Right. In the eyes of the supreme Old Madame, only the grandsons exist.

Big (eldest) brother Xiao Yu is the head of the eight great generals of the empire.

Xiao Hong, the second brother, is the Vice President of the Imperial Staff's Supreme Institute.

Third elder brother Xiao Zheng is the Chief Executive of the third team of the Empire's Special Forces.

Fifth younger brother Xiao Ye just broke the rules and became the empire's youngest general.

Thinking about this, Xiao Jing can't help but scratch the back of her head. Apparently, in such a big Xiao household, she was the worst. She had served in the army for three years, but she's only a very small second lieutenant.

Putting down the white strips, she lies down on the wooden bed.

The light of the room was too dark, and the moonlight fell quietly on the ground.

Here is the border town of Jiana that is 3,000 kilometers away from the Imperial Capital. It is also the border from which her mother sent her privately. Both mother and daughter have a tacit understanding, and this is something that they cannot reveal: Even if she is known as the Xiao family's waste, it cannot be discovered that she is not a real man.