Chapter 136-140

C136

Xiao Jing handed the carp to Shen Chengfeng and asked in anticipation, “Captain, what should we do next?”

Shen Chengfeng retracted his gaze and looked in another direction, as though he did not want to answer this foolish question.

Xiao Jing pouted, squatted down, and began dressing this completely dead carp.

However, the surface of the saber was too sharp. Before she could cut through the fish belly, the saber flashed and a drop of blood dripped down.

She frowned and looked at the cut on her index finger, awkwardly giving up dressing the fish, intending to roast it like this.

Shen Chengfeng took the knife from her hand without a word and walked to the stream. In a few seconds, he had disemboweled a fish.

Xiao Jing sat in front of the bonfire and stared at the roasted carp with burning eyes. She held her cheeks with both hands and was very focused.

“Are you hungry, or do you just want to eat?”

Shen Chengfeng looked at the blood stains on his gloves and casually washed them in the water.

Xiao Jing smiled. “I’m hungry.”

“The first lesson of survival skills in the wild is that in a strange place, you can’t get more than ten minutes of rest, yet it takes you ten minutes to catch a fish, ten minutes to clean it up, and finally ten minutes to roast this fish. You will probably use another ten minutes to enjoy this fish.”

The smile on Xiao Jing’s face slowly stiffened. She buried her head between her knees, and used her fingers to pry the small stones on the ground. She lowered her voice to retort, “Didn’t you say that you would only leave after the clothes have been roasted?”

Shen Chengfeng listened to her reply and looked at the wet clothes she was wearing. He walked to a pile of rocks and said, “Take off your clothes and roast them first.”

Xiao Jing suddenly looked up. She knew that her captain was deliberately avoiding her suspicion, so she no longer acted pretentiously and quickly took off her camouflage clothes.

A cold wind blew over, and she carefully hung up her clothes.

She could not untie the white strips, so she moved closer to the fire.

Shen Chengfeng, who was leaning against the rock, looked at the ripples on the fish and calculated the roasted fish time. After confirming that it was almost cooked, he said, “You can eat it now.”

Xiao Jing hurriedly took off the wooden stick and poked the fish belly. She then instinctively ran towards Shen Chengfeng with her legs as she tore off a piece of the fish belly. She handed the fish meat to him without any hesitation and said, “Captain, have a taste.”

A breeze blew by, and the stream gurgled past.

Shen Chengfeng’s eyes were fixed on the small body that suddenly ran over. His eyes could not help but move downwards.

Xiao Jing suddenly felt waves of cold, as if she wasn’t wearing any clothes.

She lowered her head and her eyes widened. For a moment she had forgotten that she had taken off her clothes.

Shen Chengfeng turned his neck stiffly and with a kacha sound, the air was filled with the sound of bones grinding together. He supported his head and felt like he was being twisted.

Xiao Jing anxiously ran out, but just as she took two steps, she saw many figures moving quickly in the forest. She measured the distance between her clothes and herself, then looked at the increasingly concentrated footsteps, almost subconsciously hiding behind the stone.