Chapter 02: The First Encounter

Xiao Jing felt very uneasy. Being the focus of public attention made her subconsciously think that these people had begun to suspect her identity.

What should I do? Xiao Jing's silence was actually due to her guilty conscience.

Captain Lian Qing knew that Xiao Jing has always been lacking muscles in his body (he might be shy) but he can no longer withstand the psychological pressure brought by this zongzi guy. Should he threaten Xiao Jing and force him to take his clothes off?

The sunlight above his head was so hot that sweat started to involuntarily dripped down on his forehead. Thus, he stepped forward towards Xiao Jing and whispered, "Xiao Jing, give this elder brother face and take off your clothes. Let's take this matter seriously."

Xiao Jing's facial expression is clouded with an indifferent and neutral look. Those eyes that are unclear and difficult to understand fell on Lian Qing's body. Her body stood straight and as she carried out a military salute, she said in a reverberating voice, "Even if I don't undress, I am still capable of killing him."

As her voice fell, a gust of wind swept through the face of Lian Qing. He instinctively closed his eyes, and when he opened them again, his pupils have already gathered together. That small body that flew in front of the obstacle course was so flexible like he's not treading on a leveled ground.

Why does it seem like he is bullying Deputy Xiao Jing, this little gongzi (son of nobility). To let him roll his body in the trough, was he actually trying to irresponsibly drown this fragile sunflower into the water like a dog's tail grass?

Xiao Jing staked her all to finish the obstacle in one breath. Wasn't the zongzi man expecting to see something genuine? Or, did he just want to see her run at full speed for his own satisfaction?

Xiao Jing heard the whistling of the wind beside her ear, and felt that she's already drenched in sweat under the scorching heat of the sun. She jumped over the mud pit, and rolled her body for two laps, smoothly passing through the finish line. The soldiers who had started earlier than her were all left far behind.

"Hu-hu-hu--." Xiao Jing stood up from the ground, panting.

Mu Xichi's brows slightly creased. He leaned on to his side and muttered with a low voice to his leader, "...seems to have a little potential."

The man did not utter a word. With his sunglasses on, nobody could take a glimpse on whatever he is thinking.

Xiao Jing has gotten back her composure, and finally realized how careless she was. Her eyes are now wide open as she does not dare to believe what had just happened. What had she done?!

"I say, the deputy leader is actually a sage who presents himself as an ordinary person."

The second person to finish the obstacle course is the team leader of the third squad. He lay flat on the ground as soon as he passed through the finish line.

Xiao Jing wiped the warm sweat on her forehead, and her gaze couldn't help but be drawn over to the zongzi man's direction. He is wearing sunglasses so she couldn't perceive his eyes. However, she could faintly sense that he is always watching her with his pair of big and bright eyes.

Just like looking at a little bunny that is about to be dissected.

"We are going to stay here to observe for two days. Please ask the company (of troops) to arrange board and lodging for us." Mu Xichi's voice rang once again.

Lian Qing heard the command and with an upright posture, he replied, "Yes, sir!"

The zongzi man returned to the car and from the beginning till the end, he never took off his sunglasses to let everyone see his true face.