Chapter 04: Physical Examination

When Xiao Jing was about to enter her room after taking a shower, she almost got frightened to death due to a certain person who suddenly emerged inside her room.

Why is that every time she sees Captain Lian Qing, she has this feeling of being scrutinized with the way he looks at her? Is his pair of peach blossom eyes too vulgar?

Yes, that’s right. That must be it!

“Where have you been?” Lian Qing heard the movement behind him, so he turned back, and looked at the figure that’s still standing motionless at the entrance of the room. He hurriedly stepped forward, and asked, “Did you take a shower?”

Xiao Jing felt embarrassed and threw aside the underwear that she changed from after bathing, and tried to shift the sensitive topic as she asked, “What does captain came here for?”

Lian Qing looked around and made sure that there was no outsider inside the room before he cautiously closed the door. Then, he sat down on a chair.

Xiao Jing knitted her eyebrows and frowned. She, yet again, allowed this man to smoke inside her own room.

After smoking a cigarette, Lian Qing  prudently said, “Today, your performance made me very surprised.”

Xiao Jing blinked and lightly coughed as she reasoned, “It was probably because I wasn’t able endure the other person’s questioning eyes. After all, the blood that runs inside my veins is that of the Xiao Family.”

“With that being said, I am going to let you enter the special forces team,” declared Lian Qing.

“…” What did he just say?! What had she done?! Why did the conversation suddenly turned into this?! When did she say she was going to the special forces team?!

‘With my thin and weak body, are you sure that you are not sending me there to become a laughingstock?!’

Lian Qing extinguished the cigarette butt. His despise on worldly conventions in the past had already vanished, and so he earnestly said, “This time, the military division opened a back door for us. They deliberately arranged to choose an outstanding soldier from our camp to enter the elite special forces. I am very optimistic about you.”

“Captain, I think this opportunity is more suitable for you.”

“Ha-ha-ha! Your name has already been reported. I am just here to inform you about it. You have performed well within these two days and tried to make a good impression in front of the superiors.” Lian Qing patted Deputy Xiao Jing’s shoulder, and wring her wrists while putting on a warrior look on his face.

As Xiao Jing looked up, she saw four characters from the depths of his eyes that says: Strive for more fortune!

‘Oh, he actually wants to push myself out as a shield.’ Of course! His men are all hedonistic sons who are just here to eat, so who would have the ability to dare and enter the special forces team?!

‘What they’re doing to me now, isn’t this what people call oppression?’

“Xiao Jing, for the glory of our 525th battalion, I will be conducting your training starting today. This way, when you report to the special forces team next week, you could leave each and every one of them in awe till their eyeballs come out.” Lian Qing placed both of his hands on her shoulder and then noticed something so he asked, “What are you wearing in your vest? Why is it bulging?”

“…” Xiao Jing’s big eyes suddenly opened wide. Just a moment ago, the cold water upset her and after that event, she had forgotten to tie that piece of white cloth around her chest.