Chapter 141-145

C141

I had always thought that my life would end in a vain one day. Then I found out that one day, I could return with glory, faith, and pride in the same armor and blood battlefield.

“Captain, you can’t die.”

Xiao Jing sat in the ruins, looking at the endless broken walls of the ridge in front of her. Something slid past her face and landed in the crack in the rock, mixing with the dust and leaving behind wet marks.

I knew now that I had always had a hero in my heart, who came up to me in his meticulous uniform and epaulets of splendor.

“Captain, you can’t die.”

Xiao Jing clenched her teeth and continued to dig at the collapsed abandoned buildings. She didn’t even know where her captain was buried.

“This lady, please leave. It’s very dangerous here.”

The staff member walked out of the car, anxious to drag her away.

Xiao Jing grabbed the man’s wrist, her eyes wide open as she stared at his face. She only needed to be a little more ruthless, and that hand would immediately break apart. However, she couldn’t do this. She couldn’t do this.

The man covered his painful wrist and stepped back, cursing loudly, “Madman.”

Xiao Jing stubbornly clung onto this pile of rubble, trying to find the person she was looking for.

Some of the onlookers gradually gathered around and started talking.

Xiao Jing automatically ignored those people’s pointed fingers and continued to dig at this pile of rocks. Sharp fragments cut through her fingers and a rolling stone smashed down, breaking her skin. However, she continued to dig a hole without paying attention.

“Xiao Jing.”

A man’s voice, cold and deep, came from behind the crowd.

Xiao Jing’s hand suddenly stopped as she attentively listened to the voice calling out from behind her.

“Xiao Jing.”

She stood up with a swoosh. There were too many people around her, and the shouts she had heard earlier were very similar to her own hallucinations after the ringing in her ears.

“Xiao Jing.”

The onlookers didn’t understand what she meant by her sudden look around, and they all followed her as she looked around.

Xiao Jing anxiously pushed away the surrounding crowd and staggered down to the ruins. At the very end of the crowd, a person wrapped in an ordinary coat leaned against the wall. His face was pale as he waved at her.

“Captain.”

Xiao Jing took out her agile speed when she sprinted a hundred meters and threw herself into Shen Chengfeng’s arms.

Shen Chengfeng was stunned and his body was pushed back two steps by her weight.

“Captain, how did you escape?”

Xiao Jing looked at him with her disheveled hair and dirty face. This person was fair and clean. If it wasn’t for her pale face, she would have thought that this person was still her arrogant and arrogant captain.

Shen Chengfeng gently wiped off the dust on her face and lowered his voice, “We’ll talk after we leave.”

In the packed crowd, a person pressed down on the communicator. The moment the call connected, he bluntly said, “We’ve found a suspect.”