Chapter 366-370

C366

In the lobby of the first floor, the sound of messy footsteps could be heard.

In the study room, the fragrance of tea wafted in the air.

Shen Yi Tian sat on the sofa and sipped on his tea to refresh his spirit.

“Knock, knock, knock.” The butler pushed open a corner of the study door and reported, “Sir, Marshal Xiao Yao and the others have arrived.”

“Prepare some tea and leave.” Shen Yi Tian stood up to welcome the three of them.

The atmosphere in the quiet room was a bit heavy. Xiao Yao supported his forehead with one hand and looked a little haggard, he had just finished tidying up the affairs of the Old Lady of Xiao Family and had heard of this matter. He hurriedly rushed back from River City without even daring to squint for a moment, afraid that he would miss something big that he could not miss.

“Brother Xiao, you must be tired of living. Can you still hold on?” Shen Yi Tian placed the strong tea in front of him.

Xiao Yao took a sip, “At a time like this, no matter how exhausted you are, you still have to pay full attention.”

Feng Cheng did not want to argue anymore, so he went straight to the point, “Is what Brother Shen said true?”

"Would I joke about this? This is related to our four great families. " Shen Yi Tian let out a long sigh, “Before you all came, you should have heard about the matters of the Mr. Qi’s family.”

“It’s hard not to know how this matter has turned out.” Xu Mao smacked his lips, "I never thought that the elders of the military that have shone with glory for dozens of years would have such a thing going on.

"What should we do next? Should we announce this matter to the world, or should we sit down and talk to them face to face? " Xiao Yao asked.

“I think they’ll be happy to talk to me.” Feng Cheng picked up his teacup and smirked, “After all, the wager is on our side now. I am the chopping block, and they are the fish.”

“After all, he’s an elder of the imperial court, so he should give me some face.” Xu Mao joined in.

“I’m afraid no one will be able to sleep tonight.” Shen Yi Tian closed his eyes, then opened it again, “However, they will not be able to sleep.”

“This is exhausting to wait. Why don’t we play a game?” Feng Cheng stood up and let go of his hands and feet.

“Brother Feng, your heart is too big. You still have the mood to think about playing mahjong at this time?” Xu Mao shook his head, “Those who don’t know better might think that we are here to gather, and that there is no great matter regarding the council.”

Feng Cheng raised his hand, “Brother Xu, you are wrong, it is meaningless to just wait, you might just fall asleep while waiting for us, and if the three of them were to find out that we are still sleeping peacefully, wouldn’t we be angered to death? At least give the Leaders some face, and accompany them through the night.”

“If they find out that we’re still playing mahjong, they’ll probably be angered to death.” Xiao Yao put down the teacup, "However, Brother Feng is right. We are waiting for them to contact us, and not us to contact them.

“How many laps?” Xu Mao frowned, “Wait until Old Lady Shen finds out that we are still playing mahjong, will he blame us for not thinking enough?”

“Alright, alright, if there’s anything you want to discuss, you can do it at the mahjong table.” Feng Cheng sat down first.

The other three people sat down, one in front of the other.