Chapter Five: Destiny

A large blue, 4-6-0 steam engine, with five coaches. The passenger carriages hold compartments set off a corridor, allowing each compartment to function as a self-contained stage within the larger train. Three elegant dining carriages exude culinary sophistication, from Lalique glass inlays in Cote d'Azur to black lacquer panels in L'Oriental. The Bar Car glowed while the resident pianist filled the air with sweet melodies. A steward in blue and gold livery waved with a white-gloved hand, welcoming everyone on board with a knowing smile. A Posh train indeed.

"Will I get in your way, while I grab my bag," Jack asked the steward who appeared to be making Jack's berth.

"No sir, go right ahead," the steward stated kindly as he questioned with the bed.

The ticket officer watched. NoticingJack he made his way towards him, "I didn't get your ticket did I?" He questioned as he looked down at Jack who was scurrying around his bag.

"No, I was in the diner," Jack stated as he grabbed his ticket that lay in his inside pocket, "it's even crowded in there," Jack mused as the ticket officer looked at his ticket.

The ticket officer laughed as he examined the ticket, "it will be crowded in that upper berth too," he stated with amusement as he gave jack back his ticket.

"I think I'm lucky," Jack beamed.

"Yes, I suppose you do," the steward and the ticket officer glanced at one another, smiled on both their faces, "I suppose I would to if I was your age," Jack merely nodded towards him, having no understanding as to what he was talking about.

"Where's the club cart?" He questioned, hoping to forget the misunderstanding.

"one cart back," the ticket officer stated as he passed Jack. Jack watched him a moment, still confused with the entire thing.

The club cart was packed. There was no seat left for anyone to sit one, so Elsa resorted to leaning against the bar to read the newspaper. She stood beside a woman who was all dressed in red.

"Why don't you have a drink, you won't care so much," the lady stated as she noticed Elsa glancing around for a seat. The lady took a sip from her glass, as Elsa turned to her with raised eyebrows.

"No thanks," Elsa returned to her newspaper.

"Don't you drink?" She asked with shock.

"No," Elsa replied as she shook her head, still keeping her eyes on the newspaper that was in her hands.

"Ever?" the woman marvelled as she stared at Elsa. The stranger never met someone who didn't drink. It appeared that almost everyone drank, "you've got nothing against drinking have you?"

"Oh, well now that you ask, several things actually," Elsa expressed as she finally glanced towards the woman who had her eyes wide open.

"Name one."

"Well, for one thing, I always like to know what I am doing," Elsa answered as she watched the young woman take a drink of her red wine. The stranger nearly spat her drink out at Elsa's words.

"No kidding," She exclaimed as she turned sharply towards Elsa.

"Never have I been treated such as this," yelled loudly as she pushed her way forward.

A tumble of blonde curl would have fallen from her head if she didn't keep her hair up in a tight bun. Her eyes were like the stars, the way they drew you in to explore the swirling emotion held in their depths. The black of her pupil was surrounded by a ring of jagged silver fire swallowed by sapphire blue. At one glance her eyes merely shone, but if you dared to look closer you could clearly see the sadness of heartbreak, the joy of love, the hope of the future, the pain of sorrow. She was a fair-skinned woman who had the best taste in fashion, she was no commoner.