Chapter Eighteen: An Explanation

Jack sat at the dinner table, alone.

He sat contempt at he ate the remaining of his desert. He was satisfied with the meal that Olaf had presented had complimented every dish towards him.

"Good evening," Elsa spoked as she watched Jack continued to eat his dessert. Elsa noticed the calmness in his features. He didn't appear to be angry or ill in any form. He appeared as dashing as he usually did, though Elsa would never admit it.

"Good evening," Jack cheered as he lifted his head up to see Elsa. His smile was large and revealed his happiness to see her. Elsa couldn't help but bow her head to try and conceal the blush that had formed, "I waited for quite a while, you missed a wonderful dinner," Jack informed her as he moved towards her.

"I'm sorry," Elsa apologised as she looked down at the dinner table, "I got tied up," Elsa lied as she looked back towards Jack who appeared to be leaning over her, but that was due to his height.

"Yes, I know," Jack interrupted with a smile. Gesturing over to the table, Jack added, "sit down," his voice was soft, almost angelic to Elsa's ear, which confused Elsa slightly. At that moment in time, he didn't appear as irritating or annoying as she perceived him to be, but she had time to prove herself right.

"Oh, thank you," Elsa responded as she gave a small smile, making sure that it gave him no effect. Jack politely pulled out Elsa's chair, which reviewed in her head before she sat. Polite, kind, well-mannered, those were characteristics that Elsa had not seen Jack bestow onto her. In a way, Elsa felt special because of it, but she soon ushered that feeling away.

"How do you feel?" Elsa questioned as Charlotte message repeated in her mind. Elsa wasn't sure if she should be worried or not. Though Elsa was not fond of Jack, though she was starting to question that, she had no desire for him to die or fall ill.

"Fin, fin," Jack reassured her as Elsa kept her eyes on him. Examining him, Elsa saw no signs of illness or distress. He appeared healthy and happy, "I always feel fine," Jack notified as he himself sat opposite Elsa, "how about you?"

"Oh, I'm alright," Elsa responded with a weary smile as she took her gloves off and placed them on the table, "the clerk downstairs told me Charlotte left crying," Elsa expressed towards Jack as she looked towards him, he wasn't fazed, "what on earth did you do to her?" Elsa questioned as Jack tucked his chair in and took another bite from his desert.

"Nothing," Jack informed her as he looked up from his desert, "sorry to disappoint you," Jack took another bite.

"I don't quite know what you mean," Elsa lied as she leaned back in her seat.

"I mean, I let you down," Jack informed her, which forced Elsa to look somewhere else rather than his eyes, "you picked the wrong guy for the trial jump," another bite.

"I don't know what you mean," Elsa attempted to lie again. This time it was less believable.

"Oh yes you do," Jack scolded her, "she told me all about it," Jack confessed to Elsa whos eyes widened as her shoulders fell. He knew and there was nothing she could do.

"Well, now, that wasn't very intelligent of her was it," Elsa expressed as Jack glanced towards her, "no wonder you didn't," Elsa paused, finding the correct words, "cooperate," Elsa concluded her choice.

"Oh, that wasn't the reason," Jack countered as he placed his dessert spoon down, "I explained it to her very carefully," Jack revealed to Elsa who was listening intensely to his words, "I wouldn't do this experiment because I don't belong to anyone and that spoiled the whole thing."

"What did?" Elsa questioned, wanting him to explain himself further until Elsa finally spoke and confessed her misdeeds of planning the event.

"I have no mother, no sisters, not wife, no sweetheart," Jack informed Elsa with a tone of sadness detected in his phone.