Chapter Eight: Charlotte Le Bouff

The conductor and steward came running down the corridors until the came to the correct drawing room. Elsa followed close behind and watched as the other steward held the door to the drawing room

"You better be careful Dr," the steward informed her as they stood by the door, "she's lost her temperature," he added as he cowered behind Elsa, "she's mad at me because I tried to save her life," he informed her as the door began to rattle as if she was throwing objects towards the door.

"She's mad at me because I won't let her out," the other steward spoke.

"That's a perfectly normal reaction," Elsa reassured them as she showed him away from the door. Putting her ear to the door, Elsa waited for the calm before the storm.

"don't you think you'd better get a doctor that's more of a man," one of the stewards said towards the conductor. Elsa turned sharply as she heard his words, she wasn't impressed.

"don't be silly, I've handled hundreds of these cases," Elsa opened the door, getting ready to walk in. a shoe was thrown her way and she quickly dodged it.

"I'd better go in with you, doctor," the conductor stated as she straightened his Jacket.

Elsa turned, a smile on her face, "remember she does not like men," Elsa reminded him as she peeped her head around the door. She saw nothing flying towards her. Elsa took that as a good sign and gradually made her way through the door. Getting a good look at her new client she saw the young lady from the club cart who made a scene. Charlotte Le Bouff, Elsa believed her name was.

"Who are you?" She snapped towards Elsa as Elsa smiled, "what are you doing here?" Elsa shut the door behind her as she held her chin up high, showing her authority and power, while Charlotte sat down.

"My name is Dr Winter," Elsa introduced herself as she came towards.

The interior was inspired by Paris, Venice and Istanbul and was embodied with art deco indulgence while providing every modern comfort. Spacious ensuite and impeccable cabin. A large and luxurious double bed as well as a lounge area with dressing table. The cabin was built for luxury. Carving engraved into the glossed oak wood. The furniture was all a velvet material the colour of rubies.

"It is none of your business why I tried to kill myself," Charlotte exclaimed as she turned her back from Elsa and looked at herself in the mirror of her dressing table. Another impeccable piece of furniture. All in a glossed oak with craving detailings all around it.

"In the first place, I don't believe you ever intended to kill yourself," Elsa proclaimed as she leaned against the wall that separates the room from the corridor.

Charlotte turned, not happy with Elsa's suggestion, "no?"

"No," Elsa repeated to her as she eyes Charlotte, "you're too noisy. Noisy people never commit suicide," Elsa informed Charlotte as she sat up.

"I'm not noisy inside," Charlotte challenged her as she moved towards her bed, " I am only noisy outward," Charlotte explained as the three men outside breathed a sigh of relief as they realised Elsa was doing okay, "but this afternoon I read my book again," Charlotte held her book to her chest like it was her child.

"Do you read?" Elsa asked in surprise. Elsa hard;y though that Charlotte La Bouff was a woman who would sit by a window and curl up while the fire was on reading a book. No, she couldn't imagine that at all.

"Oui," Charlotte responded.

"Oh, is the writing that bad?" Elsa questioned, as she tried a reason as to why the woman who read her own words again. It didn't seem to make sense. Especially for a woman such as Charlotte.