Chapter Nine: Chicago

Chicago. One of the biggest cities in America. Nicknamed the windy city. Filled with skyscrapers and towers, but has no equivalent to the big apple. It was filled with music, clubs, drink and various other things that all American's wanted.

Elsa was in her own home. A penthouse suite.

Tiled in brilliant blues, liberally daubed with gold and surmounted by a ceiling featuring the night sky, the constellations picked out in gold leaf. Three large bedrooms, a living room with grand piano, a formal dining room, a professional-grade kitchen, a circular library crowned by a rotunda where a celestial map is rendered in gold against a sapphire sky, and an expansive terrace with sweeping views of Chicago. It was stunning.

Elsa sat at her dressing table. A full-length mirror with a curved oaken shelf that held all her perfumes and makeup. A small oaken chair, carved with detailings was the seat Elsa sat. She watched herself in the mirror as she placed in her pearl earrings in.

Elsa was a rich woman. Being a well-earned psychiatrist allowed her to enjoy the finer things of life. It also helped that her family was brought up with wealth. Her father being a doctor also, always spoilt his precious daughter.

"This better go to the cleaners, Olaf," Elsa informed Olaf as she passed him the gown she had worn on the train.

Olaf was Elsa's steward, though Elsa thought of him more like a brother at times. He had the same light hair, which always caught peoples attention. His eyes a crystal blue. His skin a pale white. People would have confused Olaf as her brother if they ever saw the two together

"Yes, ma'am," he took the jacket from her with no problems.

"Maybe it's my imagination but it smells of milk," Elsa confessed as she smelt her blouse before passing it to Olaf to be cleaned.

"Milk?"Olaf protested as he turned towards her, "but you don't drink milk."

"I don't, but I did," Elsa informed him as she gave him yet another item of clothing to be washed, "I was trapped by a Nixie," Elsa confessed but soon regretted it as soon as she allowed it to slip from her lips, "and don't ask me to explain what that means. You wouldn't believe me even if I told you."

Elsa was an exquisite evening gown. The sophisticated dress was beautifully crafted from satin and fully lined for seamless wear. It featured an elegant cowl back, flattering capped sleeves and a chic boat neckline. The floor length gown was in the colour or royal blue and fitted Elsa's body perfectly.

The doorbell rang.

"Oh, that must be Anna," Elsa stated as she put another jacket on Olaf's pile, "I'll get it, you just look after these things," Elsa requested as she turned to open the door to her sisters.

Her sister Anna was younger and very much acted it. Anna possed strawberry blonde hair that always remained straight, even with the best of efforts. She had a rounded face that possed various freckles across her nose and cheek. The only real resemblance between the two sisters was the blue eyes. Blue. A soft gentle blue that contained specks of silver flakes, that appeared to glide whenever she smiled. Everything about Anna screamed friendly. She made friends easily, which was not the same for her older sister.

Opening the door Elsa beamed with utter happiness, "Anna," she beamed as she opened her arms for Anna. Anna did not waste time. She wrapped herself in her sisters' arms with a happy smile.

The two sisters were close. After their parents died, the two stuck together like glue. Elsa was forced to grow up. Elsa, with her degree, got a job as a psychiatrist and with her father reputation, she progressed swiftly. Elsa spoilt her sister rotten. Every chance Elsa could get, she made Anna happy. That was until Anna met Kristoff.