Chapter six: Inner Child Within All Of Us

"What did you say to that man?" Elsa whispered toward Jack as he placed her in the seat as if she wasn't capable on her own.

"Shut up, you got a seat didn't you," Jack responded, as he grabbed the footstool and pulled it towards the chair so he could sit close to Elsa.

"What did you say to that man?" Elsa repeated in a more aggressive tone but just as quiet. Elsa already knew her answer but she wanted to be sure.

"Well, it's obvious isn't it," Jack answered as he placed his elbow on the arm of her chair. Resting his chin in his hand, Jack stared at Elsa who appeared to be uncomfortable with his gaze. He fiddled with her hat to try and ignore him, but his stares were too emotional.

"Do look at me like that," Elsa muttered as she looked away from his gaze, "they think we're married."

"You're not married to anybody else," Jack questioned suddenly as if it was a very important question to be answered, which it was for Jack. He truly liked Elsa, even though he didn't know her well at all. He enjoyed her stubbornness and quick wit. She proved to a challenge and Jack loved a good challenge. It tested him and he always thought that a challenge was healthy for him. Especially when it meant a beautiful woman. It was extremely healthy and twice as enticing.

"Good" Jack sighed with relief as he patted the arm chare. The smile was back on his face, something that Elsa had trouble looking away from.

"I agree with you," Elsa recognised as she tried to keep her eyes from his smile. His smile seemed to be drawing her in. It brought the room slightly brighter. his perfect white

"By the way, my name is Jack, Jack Frost," Jack introduced himself, again with a smile, "what's yours?" Elsa didn't respond. She was trying to ignore him, without a great deal of success, "you've got a name, haven't you? Well, what is it?"

Elsa's eyes rolled but she answered never the less, "Elsa, Dr Elsa Winter."

"Dr Winter," Jack exclaimed. Elsa hushed him swiftly.

"Yes," Elsa answered him, "and I would bet that your the breed of men who would object to a woman having a little sense."

"Oh, I don't mind," Jack objected as he finally took his hat off, showing off his fine set of hair, "if they don't over do it," Jack looked towards her again, "what kind of a doctor are you?" He inquired but soon stopped her, "no don't tell me, let me guess," again Elsa rolled her eyes at the childishness of the man, "a chiropodist," Elsa appeared to be offended, "no, a chiropractor," Elsa looked away, as if she was bored, "I've got it, a vet," Elsa had enough.

"I happen to be a psychiatrist," Elsa finally told him. He appeared to be surprised.

"Oh, no, I mental peeping tom," Jack mused.

"Only by appointment," Elsa stated as she shifted in her seat.

"I'd like to make one," Jack expressed with a small smile on his face, "I'm going to Frecosico."

"Oh, good. I get off at Chicago," Elsa informed him as a small smile crept up on her face as she realised she wouldn't see Jack for very much longer. It was only a few hours left. She could handle a few hours.

"I've got two weeks before I have to leave," Jack proclaimed as he continued to stare towards Elsa. A hint of romance in his eyes, which Elsa ignored.

"Well, I hope you enjoy them," Elsa stated harshly.

"I'm beginning to feel that'll be up to you, doctor," he expressed boldly.

"I'm afraid that will be too much responsibility for me to take Mr Frost," something struck her, "Frost," she repeated his name, trying to spark the memory of his name, "oh, you're in the funny papers," Elsa reminded herself as she glanced toward him.