Chapter Twenty-Five: Witnesses

"North!" Exclaimed Ester as he stood in the doorway. He was ashamed of what he was witnessing. His brother was lying on the sofa with Dr Elsa Winter sitting behind him. He was sure that this scene had no pleasant meaning.

"Please you'll have to give me more time," Elsa spoke softly, though she was irritated at the disturbance. North had sat up from the seat suddenly and was watching his brother.

"Go away, Ester, I'm handling this," North assured his brother as he gestured for his younger brother to leave.

"It doesn't look that way to me," Ester proclaimed as he glared towards Elsa who was becoming irritated and annoyed from the disturbances.

"Go away Ester," North repeated, "I'm lost and she's looking for me," Ester slackened in surprise, "she does it all day long," Ester was shocked. He couldn't understand what his brother was talking about. His brother was not lost. He sat with him in the living room of their home. He was perfectly located.

"You ought to be ashamed of yourself," Ester asserted towards his brother who stiffened at his words, trying to marry a girl like that," Ester gazed towards Elsa who took an offence towards the man's words. Toothiana seemed to be struck by the words as well as she opened her mouth to protest but stopped herself. Toothiana merely grabbed her husband, giving Elsa a small smile, she guided him back towards the kitchen.

Elsa composed herself before returning to North, "now there's nothing to be ashamed of," Elsa was unaware if she was reassuring herself or North, but she pushed it past her, "not any more than if you had hives or something," Elsa had North back on the sofa lying down.

"Hives, I never had hives," North spoke as if he was in a dream. A soft, gentle tone that Elsa believes to be climbing.

"Of course you haven't," Elsa was becoming irritated again, "that's what I mean," Elsa had a lot of patience but her patience was proving to wear thing with that session, "you really don't want to marry me either."

North sat up again. Turning towards her, "oh but I do," North protested in a sudden burst of energy, "you don't mind do you?"

"Not at all," Elsa ensured with a smile, "I'm really very faltered," Elsa lied. Elsa over the years had been proposed to on many occasions, but had kindly refused them, "but tonight we have other things to do."

"Oh, no," North opposed as he gazed down at his hands, her eyes made him nervous, "I didn't plan anything else for tonight. I left the entire evening open just for you," North beamed to her cheerfully.

"Well, that was very nice of you," Elsa urged him to lie back down. He did. Until the bell went.

Elsa had never witnessed a man more alert than North. He was up in a matter of seconds. He was standing before Elsa could blink. He sorted his attire before giving Elsa a weary smile. She noted the uncomfortable in his body language.

"Oh thank heaven," North murmured under his breath as he placed one of his giant hands to his aching head. Gazing back to Elsa who still remained sitting, North informed her, "that's the doorbell. It means we have customers."

Elsa wasn't given time to speak. North was out of her sight before she could speak. Elsa sighed at the annoyance. She didn't seem to be getting anywhere.

North opened the door with a sigh of relief. Jack stood by the door with a smile on his hand.

"Here's the licence and everything," he expressed as he held out a sheet of paper. He was dressed in his uniform. All clean and ready to make an impression. Especially on Elsa.

North shushed him quickly. Examing the area, North manoeuvred Jack outside with gentle hands. North was not a rough man and would never lay a hand on a person with vicious or aggressive intentions. He was a sweet man who no desire for anger or violence in his life.