Chapter Twenty-One: Marrying You

North was sat on a chair, Anna and Jack standing beside him as he gathered his thoughts and spoke. Kristoff was ushered to his seat behind his desk and was instructed not to speak by his wife. Kristoff did as he was ordered, for the time being.

"You mean to say your sister is..." North paused and moved his hand to his head and did a rolling motion with his fingers. He didn't want to state the condition of which he believed the sister to be in. North never liked to insult anyone.

Kristoff scoffed. The noise was evident in the room and Anna turned to her husband with glaring eyes. Kristoff, understanding his wife anger, hid his smile behind his hand as he allowed them to continue with their discussion.

"Do you think we'd be marrying her this way if she was perfectly normal?" Jack questioned, trying to act as if all his words were the truth. Anna appeared to be uncomfortable with classifying her sister as 'unstable' or 'crazy' but she tried her best to ignore it.

The door opened. Luckily, Jack stood beside the door. Everyone turned their eyes. In the doorway stood Elsa. Kristoff leaned up in his seat, expecting the worst, while Anna stiffened in her position.

"Anna," Elsa called before seeing North, "oh, pardon me," Elsa politely spoke towards North who bowed his head towards her, "Anna, why wouldn't you give Rapunzel the salt?" Elsa questioned as she stood in the doorway, the door half open. It concealed Jack from her eyes, but he pressed his back towards the wall just in case.

"Give who that what?" Anna questioned in confusion as she gazed towards her elder sister. Anna tried to not stammer with her words, as she knew her sister would suspect something. It was a habit of Anna's to stammer whenever she hid something, but to her relief, she appeared to overcome it at that moment.

"The salt," Elsa repeated, "you took my salt again," Elsa explained towards Anna.

"Elsa," Anna cut in, "we're trying to work," Anna protested towards Elsa before returning her gaze towards North who watched the two siblings quarrel, "in the first place I didn't take your salt," Anna expressed over her shoulder towards Elsa, who was about to protest, "my sister is always losing her salt," Anna uttered towards North, "and now apparently she's lost her secretary," Anna turned to Elsa, "isn't that so?"

"Hardly," Elsa protested towards her sister, "she was in here a few minutes ago," Elsa informed them all, which sent some nerves towards Jack and Kristoff, "wasn't she?" Elsa questioned with slight confusion as she looked over her shoulder towards Rapunzel who sat in her chair, her head in her hands.

"Now I ask you, Mr North," Anna began as she turned her attention towards North, who watched her carefully.

"St North," North corrected.

Anna gave a sweet smile, "oh, St North, excuse me," she apologised as Elsa stepped closer to her sister. The door began to slowly close, revealing Jack. Kristoff's eyes widened along with Jack's as the door slowly began to close. Swiftly, Jack grasped the handle of the door and held it in place. Jack could only hope that Elsa would not suspect anything, "St North this is my elder sister Dr Elsa Winter," Elsa smiled towards North, while North bowed his head towards her, "now St North, I ask you has anybody's secretary been in here?"

"Why no," North expressed at Elsa turned to him. Turning to address Elsa, "nobody's been in here, but just us four."

Elsa's face fell slightly. Puzzled by North's statement Elsa gazed around the room. Elsa noticed Kristoff at his desk watching the scene. Elsa counted. Three people within the room, not counting herself.

"Oh, us four?" She queered as she gestured to the four people in the room or those she could see. Her face showed enthusiasm with her stunning smile and sparkling eyes.

"No," North corrected, "us four," North repeated, which confused Elsa further. Gazing towards her sister, Elsa gave her a puzzled look, which Anna returned with a small smile and a shrug. Anna could only hope that Elsa would not suspect anything.

"Oh, yes," Elsa responded with a weary smile. Turning to her sister, Elsa held a serious expression as if to warn Anna.

"You've never been married," North spoke suddenly, catching Elsa's attention before she left. Anna attempted to his her anxiety over North giving away her plan. Even Kristoff appeared to stand up in his seat.

"No," Elsa stammered, "no I haven't," Elsa expressed as she put her hands together.

"It's very apparent isn't it?" Anna stated towards North as Elsa glared towards her younger sister.

"I beg your pardon," Elsa scolded her sister as she faced her sister. Anna did not show any sign of weakness towards her sister. Anna just held her ground and gave a sweet smile to Elsa who raised her eyebrows towards her.

"No need to apologise," North commented as Elsa turned her head suddenly towards him. Elsa wanted to protest, but she bit her lip and stopped herself from arguing with the patient, "but I do wish you'd think about it a little," North placed a gentle hand on Elsa's arm, which she pulled apart from and gave a sweet smile.

"You do?" Elsa queered.

"Yes," North responded with a smile of his own, "it's really the loveliest thing that can happen to a person," North commented as his smile grew.

Elsa stared towards North with raised eyebrows and a fake smile on her face. The more they talked the more Elsa felt worried, "oh, to think about," Elsa asked in curiosity.

"I warned you, Elsa," Anna remarked towards her sister as she placed a hand on her elbow, "Mr-I mean St North, is just crazy about marrying people," Anna tried to place the words correctly, so Elsa would believe that North was 'unstable' and North wouldn't suspect any hidden message.

Elsa was confused for a few seconds before the words began to settle in, "oh," Elsa stated as she gave another fake smile as she began to understand.

"Indeed I am," North beamed with an enthusiastic voice, "I do wish you think about my marrying you," North expressed as he grasped Elsa's small hands within his large, rough hands in a gentle manner.

Elsa's face fell, so did Anna's. The two girls glanced towards one another and swallowed hard. Eye wide and mouths slightly dry. Elsa stood straight as her body became stiff, "you," Elsa pointed towards North as she stammered, "marry me?" She stuttered again as she gestured towards herself. Fear was taking its toll on her.

"Yes," North expressed. Anna swallowed hard again. Kristoff, still watching, swallowed hard. He sat back within his seat as Elsa glanced towards him. She widened her eyes toward him as if to ask him something with nothing but her eyes. Kristoff just shrugged towards Elsa and gave her a confused expression.

"Oh, well, thank you," Elsa stammered as she patted his hand before retracting her hands from his, "thank you very much. That's nice," Elsa contiued to smile, masking her worry and concern.

"Pardon me," Anna spoke, interrupting, "but she has to locate her salt first," Anna mused with fake laughter. Elsa had never been more relieved for her sister to speak for her before. Anna turned to Elsa who was examining North, "don't you, sister?" Anna addressed Anna who nodded eagerly towards her sister's question. Anna held Elsa's for a few moments, reassuring her, "don't worry, I'll be right in with the salt," Anna assured her sister as she guided her out of the doorway as she closed the door as she moved.

Elsa took one more glance towards North who still held a proud smile, "oh, thank you," Elsa stated before the door closed on her.

The entire room seemed to let out a breath of relief. Jack leaned against the wall, letting is limbs to relax. Kristoff placed his hands to his face as he leaned back into his chair. Anna let out a deep breath, while North watched the other's relax from the tension.