Downhill

Yuyan's POV

It's already been two days since the talk with Shisui, things have been going pretty well since then, but yesterday Itachi ni-san came home and he didn't look very happy. Right now he was just sitting out back with Sasuke as I finished washing some dishes.

"Alright, done!" I went out back to go see what Sasuke and Itachi ni-san were talking about.

"Father only ever pays attention to you," Sasuke said with a pouty face.

"Do you hate me?" Itachi ni-san asked then continued, "that's fine... to live life being hated is the path of a shinobi."

"I don't think..." Sasuke trailed off, I knew he was angry Itachi ni-san got so much attention.

Itachi just laughed, "It's tough being the best. Having power means being isolated and then leads to arrogance although at first you had only sought out for what you dreamed for." I remember what Shisui had told me the other day

When someone wants to achieve a goal too much, it becomes an ambition, and will become greedy and arrogant.

"Well... we're unique siblings, I'll always be there like a wall you need to climb over. Even if that means being hated, that's what big brothers are for." Why would Sasuke ever hate Itachi ni-san? He may be more advanced and get more attention, but I don't think Sasuke could ever truly hate his older brother.

"Itachi! You there?! Come out we need to talk to you!!" some people outside shouted. Sasuke and Itachi both got up and began walking towards the entrance, I just followed behind. Itachi slide open the door revealing three people from the clan.

"What is it, what brings all of you here?"

"There were two people who never showed at yesterday's meeting, why weren't you there?" one of them asked.

It wasn't fair they asked that, Itachi ni-san has been working to the bone for Anbu, it's not his fault.

"I understand that you've been on several missions for Anbu, and your father has just been covering for you. However we have not intention of treating you the same."

"I see, I'll be more careful from now on. Please leave now." I started to hear a hint of slight irritation in Itachi's voice.

"Before that we have one more thing to talk to you about." Itachi ni-san turned back around to give them his attention.

"It's about the suicide drowning in Nakano River... of Shisui Uchiha."

"What?! No way, there's no way he would do that! Shisui would never do that!" What was going on? Shisui wouldn't kill himself, he's Shisui he can't, he wouldn't there was no way!

"Shisui was the other person who didn't show up to the meeting. I thought you considered Shisui to be like a brother to you."

"I see.. that's terrible to hear."

My heart hurt, it hurt so bad again like when my clan died, and when ni-san died.

Don't worry Yuyan I'm not going anywhere, I'll wait and I won't disappear.

Why Shisui? Why would you do that? You promised that you would wait for me and watch over me and you promised you wouldn't disappear! So why?

"So we the police force have decided to investingate this thoroughly."

"An investigation?"

One of the men pulled out a small paper and handed it to Itachi ni-san, "This is Shisui's suicide note. We already did a handwriting analysis, it's definitely his."