Stupid Feelings

Sasuke's POV

Again.

Again she had protected me, and this time nearly got herself killed. There was just so much blood everywhere, so much of her blood. How could I let this happen to her? No one else got hurt, except her.

We were able to win the battle because of her though, he wasn't fighting very efficiently with a dysfunctional arm. But that doesn't matter, she was still in bed, it's been two days already how long was she gonna take? It made me angrier and angrier every time I looked at her, I couldn't protect her and Zabuza was still alive, and I know he wanted to kill her.

"Just wake up already dammit," I muttered while I was sitting next to her.

"You love her don't you?" Tsunami asked with a smile on her face.

"No..." I said a little more sadly than I wanted to, "she's just a good friend."

"Hmm, doesn't look like it from where I'm standing," she raised an eyebrow, "you haven't eaten or slept much, everyone notices. You've spent most of your time waiting for her to wake up."

"Hn."

"That girl, from what Kakashi-san has told me, she cares deeply for her comrades and will go to any extent for them. You should tell her before it's too late you know." She grabbed a couple of things and walked out of the room. I just continued to stare at Yuyan.

Even right now, to me she still looked beautiful. I remembered when I was a kid I had a huge crush on Yuyan from the moment I met her, to me she was always perfect. She was kind, gentle, funny, caring, encouraging, and always cheerful. She had a smile that could brighten anyone's day. She had said that there were plenty of things wrong with her, but I saw no flaws. She's beautiful, has a great personality, she's a great ninja, I mean she's what? A medical ninja and a sensor, for a 12 year old girl that's pretty great, and she was one hell of a fighter. She's just one of those people you need in your life once you know her.

Just as I did.

I wonder if Naruto liked her? It would be strange to think that. But when we were little kids we actually fought about 'who would marry Yuyan' he liked her at the time. It was my win of course, the usuratonkachi lost in the blink of an eye.

If only she would wake up.

I remembered when I had saved her from drowning and pleaded to God or someone that she'd come back to me so I could protect her, but I failed again. Maybe this was punishment, maybe she'd never wake up and this was the world's way of telling me "you failed, so you can't be happy." I wasn't happy before she came, I was actually pretty terrible.

Maybe if I kissed her like the last time, maybe that would work.

....or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

I sighed, Tsunami was right, I really did love her. This wasn't good, I couldn't protect the one person I loved. But then again, she probably didn't love me back anyways.

I continued to stare at her, I was at war with my thoughts of her. When did I become so distracted by someone? I had a goal to achieve, one goal and that was all I ever cared about in life. But then she came back.

It could possibly save her, it did the last time and at this point, I just wanted to know she was fine. I leaned over, hesitating a bit, but quickly kissed her. "Please just wake up." After that, I stood up and went to go eat breakfast.