An Interesting Mission

Yuyan'sPOV

"GOTCHA!!" Naruto shouted as he grabbed the cat.

"Yeah, we got it, it has a ribbon on the left ear, Tora was it's name?" I reported through the radio. "Alright, mission complete, let's head back you guys."

Man these missions were boring, I expected to do some more exciting stuff!

-at theHokage'soffice-

We returned the cat to it's rightful owner, she seemed veryhappy about it. Honestly, I'm not a cat person, I have allergies. I liked dogs, they were good company and they were very loyal and playful. Like Akamaru! I loved that dog, he was so great! I wonder what's the perfect pet to have?

I pondered at that thought for a while, not paying attention to anything that was going on around me. I probably should because it's rude to disrespect the Hokage. But this question just inruiged me.

"What do you think Yu-chan?!" Naruto asked.

"A tortoise works."

"What?"

"Yeah, they don't run away and they're pretty good company and you can take them for walks and.."

"Yuyan, what are you talking about?" I turned to Sasuke, everyone in the room was looking at me pretty strange.

"Wait, what are we taking about?" they all sweat dropped, wonder what I missed.

"Okay, if you want it that much..."

"I'm getting a tortoise?!" they all sweat dropped again, "I think I'll stop talking for now," I chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of my head.

"I'll give you a C-rank mission." Oh finally, doing missions around here is a bit boring when we could be doing something much more interesting, "it's the protection of a certain individual."

In that, a rather intoxicated man broke through the door. "They're all a bunch of stupid brats! And that short one with the stupid looking face, are you really a ninja?"

"Who's the short one with the stupid looking face?!" Naruto turned his head from left to right, then realized, he was the mentioned ninja. I was just about half an inch taller than Naruto making me shorter than Sakura and Sasuke.

"I'LL KILL YOU!" Naruto charged. However, Kakashi stopped him before he could actually attack. "What's the point of killing the person we're suppose to protect baka?!" Kakashi scolded, "alright, meet me at the village gates at noon. Go home and pack up for the mission."

I walked home with Sasuke, we sort of discussed the mission and I explained the whole tortoise thing. "See you in a bit," he smirked and went to his apartment. I ran into my apartment and got a couple of things:

A change of clothes, some extra weapons in case something happened, and most importantly, my medical kit that Kiyoko said I should always carry around during missions.

I looked in the mirror before leaving. "Yosh!" I was pretty excited for my first actual mission. I didn't like chasing cats or baby sitting, that wasn't the life suited for a ninja! I turned to go out, but something caught my attention.

The beautiful lotus Sasuke had given me the other day.. two petals had fallen off. "That's strange it was fine just yesterday day," I muttered to myself disappointingly. Hope this wasn't a bad sign.

Timeskip-atthevillagegates

I sighed loudly, "Guess I'm the first one here." Thank you Hisui for turning me into an overly punctual person, why can't I be a little more like Kakashi?! I sighed again.